Brian Schwenke

Stranger

"Mike Munchak said he was pleased and surprised to find Schwenke available. Says he can come in and play 10 years."

He's definitely getting "his" guys.

if it ends up not working out with our current regime, i do feel at the very least that we're putting together a nice foundation. guys like hunter, warmack, schwenke can still help out the next HC/QB combo if it comes to it

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I absolutely LOVE what we're doing in the draft this year.

You can say that. But it also clearly reinforces his complaints.

Clearly the OL wasn't a problem...

The competition in the interior line is going to be great this training camp...

I expect Amano to get cut.

Velasco, Warmack, Schwenke, Spencer, and Turner all competing for two spots.

Totally makes sense to me that Schwenke will win out the C spot (as he fits the overall scheme better) and Velasco will be the C/RG swing man. Everyone else is fighting for depth.

They say the kid is downrite nasty in the trenches,scored good on the wonderlic,only had one penalty and 4 qb hurries....Lovin the new talent they brought in and have drafted.Nice going into a season with sum hope,really hope locker steps it up.....

Yeah, I love this pick. We got two of the best interior OL in this draft. FINALLY, the staff sees what a weakness it has been and really works to correct it. Getting Hunter in the second was also a steal. They have brought in at least 3 guys who can start in this league, and that's pretty damn good. They have others with potential to start and/or develop. But I LOVE this pick.

Schwenke was my favorite center so I'm loving the pick.

Also worth noting is that one knock on Warmack is that he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed and may need a smart guy playing next to him making the calls.  Well Schwenke is noted as being a really smart guy.  Nice fit.

Edited by pierce2walker

Swenke is stout but very quick and can do things Mawea did without giving up toughness at the point.  I think he can be as good or better than Myers. 

Almost not fair to compare him to Mawae - the old version we had anyway.  Schwenke doesn't have Mawae's 2nd level blocking ability.  Not that Brian's bad, but if you look at Mawae over the course of his career, you're talking about a guy that's almost a lock to be a HOF center.  If Schwenke is anywhere near that good, we got quite the pick. 

And somewhat related to Mawae as well with regards to line calls, I really like that Schwenke scored a 31 on the Wonderlic.  Most important position on the line to be mentally sharp. And what was that thing said about Chance Warmack, about him needing to be next to a smart guy or similar?   (Check.)

Schwenke was my favorite center so I'm loving the pick.

Also worth noting is that one knock on Warmack is that he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed and may need a smart guy playing next to him making the calls.  Well Schwenke is noted as being a really smart guy.  Nice fit.

Whoops.  Just posted and hadn't seen this.

So yes, I concur.