Welcome to Titans Report - Message Board
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Wins and Losses

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Advertising

biscuit

biscuit

Pro

• Members
  • 241 posts
What will the final record be this year? Last years 9-7 finish seemed a little on the high side considering the shortened off season and new coaching staff. Will the Titans be better this year, the short answer is yes but it might not reflect in the win column. I'm going to look into our schedule and see if we can muster 9 or 10 wins this year.

Division: 6 games

Most average teams would expect to go 3-3 in their division, winning home games and losing road games. I know Houston is capable is beating the Titans twice. Jacksonville and Indy are capable of beating us once. (Before you argue this point look at last year.)

Worst case 2-4 Best case 4-2

My guess 3-3

AFC East: 4 games

The Titans play at Buffalo and Miami and home against New England and New York.

Worst case 2-2 Best case 3-1

My guess 3-1

New England is a loss the other 3 should be wins even the road game at Buffalo. Buffalo is one of the teams that should be in the hunt for the 6th spot in the playoffs, if they can't win this game other games become important.

NFC North: 4 game

The Titans have Detroit and Chicago at home. They must win won of these two games because they won't beat Green Bay at home. Minnesota should be a win even though it's on the road.

My Guess 2-2

The remaining two games are against the AFC West 2nd place Chargers on the road and AFC North 2nd place Steelers at home.

These two games are critical if the Titans are to make the playoffs. Can they get it done? If things play out like I think they will with the rest of the schedule the Titans are going to need to win both of these games to make the playoffs. I don't see it happening, the Titans haven't played well in San Diego historically and the Steelers just seem to win year in and year out.

Best case 2-0 Worst case 0-2

My Guess 0-2

Final Record 8-8

reo

reo

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 12,782 posts
I always bet 16-0 until proven otherwise.

The person who reads too much and uses his brain too little will fall into lazy habits of thinking
-- Albert Einstein

Dogmatic teaching is limited teaching

-- Carl Paoli

TampaTitan

TampaTitan

All-Pro

• Contributor
  • 2,231 posts
I want to believe 10-6 is possible, but I'm tempering my expectations as I've been disappointed in years past just like everyone else. I'm thinking 9-7 or worse.

jonashyde

jonashyde

http://jonashyde.com

• Members
  • 138 posts
I'm expecting 8-8, but hoping for better.

Available through Amazon Kindle:

51YjcVISknL._SL110_.jpg

Sensor

Sensor

Egg

• Members
  • 181 posts
7-9

afcman

afcman

All-Pro

• Members
  • 2,285 posts
With Locker...and the schedule? I'll be very happy for 8-8.

As long as I see improvement in Locker as the season goes along I'll be happy. I understand there will be some growing pains and that's ok with me.
********************************************************************************************************************************************
In all cases...........GOTTA HAVE A QB.

Stranger

Stranger

Still Mr. E.S.

• Members
  • 2,071 posts
The optimist in me says we could be as good as 11-5.

The pessimist in me says we could be as bad as 7-9.

The realist in me says we will probably end up 8-8 or 9-7 again.
Posted Image

Advertising

hazzed

hazzed

Pro

• Members
  • 495 posts
10-6
5-1 in division

Titans win the division!!!

CMJ

CMJ

The Troll TR Loves to Hate

• Contributor
  • 17,301 posts
We match last years record at 9-7.

national-football-league-afc-automatical

scine09

scine09

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 10,512 posts
I have them beating SD, Det, Pit, Ind at home, Jax on the road, Hou at home, NYJ, Jax at home

The other games I have as losses to get 8-8.

I think they will be incredibly inconsistent. They have a lot of talent, particularly on offense, and I expect they'll be able to surprise some teams with wins at SD and at home vs the Lions, Steelers and Texans. I also think that the fact that they're very young will cost them some games and they'll lose games they shouldn't, like at Minnesota, at Miami and at Indy (although I think the Colts will be much better than most think).

I think at best they could be 11-5 and at worst 4-12.

wiscotitansfan

wiscotitansfan

All-Pro

• Contributor
  • 3,095 posts
7-9 but a much more exciting team than last year.

hazzed

hazzed

Pro

• Members
  • 495 posts
Locker as starter and the CJ looking like a new man.

That alone is good for at least 1-2 more wins.

hazzed

hazzed

Pro

• Members
  • 495 posts
What's are SOS compared to last years?

Jonboy

Jonboy

Master of GIFs

• Two Tone Crew
  • 7,839 posts

What's are SOS compared to last years?

You should listen to the latest episode of the Two Tone Crew ;)

I was talking about how rough our early season schedule is and then @TitansGuru pointed out that, statistically, we actually have one of the easiest schedules, which I was surprised to see. With 1 being the most difficult schedule, the Titans rank 28th.

http://espn.go.com/b...gth-of-schedule

Twitter: @RetroRaconteur

Gaming Blog: retroraconteur.blogspot.com

Advertising

biscuit

biscuit

Pro

• Members
  • 241 posts
I believe going into the season last year it was .488 and this year is .480 about the same as far as won/loss records. Keep in mind Indy is dragging that number down because the titans play them twice plus a game with Minnesota and 2 against Jacksonville.

A better way to look at it is this. Last year 7 games against playoff teams. (Houston twice, Pitt, Cincinnati, Baltimore, New Orleans and Atlanta.) They went 2-5.

This year the Titans have 6 games against playoff teams from last year. (Houston twice, Pitt, New England, Green Bay, Detroit) 3 games against second tier teams (San Diego, Buffalo, and Chicago) and 7 games against bottom ten/twelve type teams. (Indy twice, Jacksonville twice, Minnesota, Miami and New York) The Jets may be second tier but I don't think they are that good.

NashvilleNinja

NashvilleNinja

Hall Of Famer

• Writer
  • 10,073 posts
I'll go quarter by quarter...

1st Qtr

L vs. Patriots
W @ Chargers
L vs. vs. Lions
W @ Texans

I think the Patriots game could go either way, but Tom Brady, Welker, Gronk, Hernandez, and Lloyd will be too much. The Chargers are not nearly the team they have been so I'll go Titans but the Lions are going to be a Patriots-redux. Calvin Johnson is a best of all time candidate and I'm thinking this might be Brandon Pettigrew's break out year. If we're focusing too hard on stopping them it could open things up for Kevin Smith or whoever they'll have running the ball. The Texans we are familiar with, and if we were starting Hasselbeck I wouldn't call this a win. But I'm calling this one a win.

2nd Qtr

W @ Vikings
W vs. Steelers
W @ Bills
W vs. Colts

Even if Adrian Peterson is back up and running relatively ok, I just don't see the Vikings being that tough of a team. Percy Harvin is probably going to be the key offensive guy for them so if we can blanket him I think we come out with a W. The Steelers game is one we could easily lose, but we've got to win at home sometime or another. Why not this one? The Bills are a shit team and the Colts, while they'll be better (and could surprise), won't have enough to pull ahead.

3rd Qtr

L vs. Bears
W @ Miami
---
W @ Jacksonville
L vs. Texans

The Bears could really surprise a lot of teams this year and the primary reason is the acquisition of Brandon Marshall. He may be a headcase, but he's got a ton of talent to pair back up with Cutler. We could win this one, but I think they make a couple more plays than us. Dolphins and Jags are both crap... no need to go there. The Texans come in and get some revenge for the earlier game... assuming Andre Johnson and/or Schaub haven't gone down for their annual "screw-your-fantasy-team-over" injury stretch.

4th Qtr

L @ Colts
W vs. Jets
L @ Packers
W vs. Jaguars

I think the earlier game vs. the Colts will be close as will this one. I think homefield wins out for Indy here. The Jets are an absolute mess at quarterback and if they've gone to Tebow by this game all the Titans have to do is follow the Patriots blueprint from the playoffs last year and we should be good for a W here. The Packers are a tough call because they could have already locked up their playoff seeding by the time this game comes around. IF they have then we could run away with it. But if they're still battling for playoff positioning all bets are off. It's the NFL, so any given Sunday, but I'm betting Rodgers and Co. would rip us a new one. And once again, the Jaguars are shit.

10-6

Maybe a wildcard, maybe the division, maybe shit. Who knows?

OILERMAN

OILERMAN

Indomitable Titansreport poster

• Moderators
  • 29,310 posts
6 or 7 wins

“It is not truth that matters, but victory.”

IowaOiler

IowaOiler

Bravo Victor

• Members
  • 3,476 posts
Anything but 8-8....damn I am tired of that record.

"Iowa was blessed with the richest soil and the highest scores on intelligence tests in the nation.  Hoover expressed his pride in the self-sufficiency of his Iowa ancestors.  They grew, raised, and made virtually everything they used, purchasing little.  Strong and independent, they were also kind, generous, and God-fearing."  From: The Life of Herbert Hoover, by Glen Jeansonne

titanruss

titanruss

All-Pro

• Members
  • 4,144 posts
worst case 8-8
best case 12-4

picking 10-6

we would have probably won at least 2 more games last year with britt. i think jlock is better than hass, i think britt will stay healthy, i think CJ is back, and i think our D will be improved. add in that we have a not much harder schedule (actually easier in pre-season rankings) and 10-6 and playoffs is not that hard to reach

questions for me this year are:
is Jake a winner?
can the DT's make up for the DE's?
Can the oline gel and remain healthy?

scine09

scine09

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 10,512 posts
Worst case 8-8? No way.

I wish that were the case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

ABOUT TITANS REPORT

Titans Report is a fan operated website for the Tennessee Titans. The site includes a message board, blog, podcast, organized fantasy games,and a mobile site. The podcast has had on many prominent members of the media covering the Titans. Some names include John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean, Paul Kuharsky of ESPN and 104.5 The Zone, Phillip B. Wilson of the Indy Star, Jonathan Hutton of the Titans Radio Network, Sal Capaccio of the Buffalo Bills Radio Network, Scott Wright of Draft Countdown, and others.

LATEST STORIES

OILERMAN BLOG: Free Agency

OILERMAN - Feb 28 2014 09:58 PM

Whisenhunt to Titans (Per Mort)

Cyrus - Jan 13 2014 05:32 PM

OILERMAN BLOG: WEEK 15

OILERMAN - Dec 19 2013 07:42 PM

OILERMAN BLOG: WEEK 14

OILERMAN - Dec 11 2013 02:40 PM

OILERMAN BLOG: WEEK 13

OILERMAN - Dec 11 2013 02:41 PM

The TitansReport website is strictly for informational and entertainment purposes. Our website is no way connected or affiliated with the Tennessee Titans or any other related fan sites. It also claims no rights to the trademarks of NFL or its properties.