The Game of Thrones

OILERMAN

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well for anyone who cares to read this, here are my (lengthy) thoughts now that I’ve had a chance to sleep on it.   I’ll start by saying I'm not sure I've ever been more hyped for an episode

I loved the fact that Theon won his fight cause he has no dick. Haha

Posted Images

6 episodes.

Let's think of at least six events to spread out over these "extended" episodes.

- Tyrion's jealousy

- Jaime gains the trust of the North?

- Invasion of Gold Cloaks w Euron

- Sack of Winterfell (part deux - the sackening)

- Cersei's death at the golden hand of Jaime

- Final battle... death of Jon

---

Read somewhere that this most recent season wasn't as good because many of the remaining characters now have plot armor... especially with Jon being at risk and/or dying and surviving frequently.  The only characters that I think the audience would really care about are:

Arya

Davos

Dragons

One of Jon/Dany

Tyrion

The rest are probably expected to die or if they survive it isn't much of a relief.  

19 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

Read somewhere that this most recent season wasn't as good because many of the remaining characters now have plot armor... 

That's a substantial gripe, yes. Especially when it's fan-favorite but minor characters like Tormund and Bronn being put in false peril and miraculously surviving - but also just in that actions don't have clear consequences anymore and the internal logic of the show is stretched... internal logic that once defined the show.

22 hours ago, Starkiller said:

Just read this fun fact... A Clash of Kings (the 2nd book of the Song of Ice and Fire series) was released 19 years ago today. 

Our grandkids will will be so excited when the 7th book finally comes out...

Half my fucking life, seriously.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It sucks to think we'll have to wait until at least this time next year before they'll release it. And in all likelihood it'll be even longer because they probably won't put it out until March, April, or May. 

I just hope they make it worth the wait considering there will only be 6 episodes.