The Game of Thrones

OILERMAN

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well for anyone who cares to read this, here are my (lengthy) thoughts now that I’ve had a chance to sleep on it.   I’ll start by saying I'm not sure I've ever been more hyped for an episode

I loved the fact that Theon won his fight cause he has no dick. Haha

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Rogue said:

Thanks SK.  You really had me excited this episode was on par with the Spoils of War.  Unless the episode knocks it out of the park, Spoils of War is hands down the best episode.  

I still think it's debatable. Just the stupid plan is the problem. 

4 minutes ago, titansfb said:

good episode.  dragon died bc jon kept fighting.  dude, get the fuck on the dragon.

Viserion didn't die because Jon kept fighting. Jon kept the wights from attacking while everyone else climbed aboard Drogon. 

Jon then tried to tell them to go without him to keep from another dragon being killed. 

4 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

Maybe it's just me but I think Dany/Jon finding out they're aunt and nephew would stop the love sesh we're gonna see eventually. 

Why? The Targs wed brother and sister all the time. That's why it had to be part of their history, imho

Just now, Starkiller said:

Viserion didn't die because Jon kept fighting. Jon kept the wights from attacking while everyone else climbed aboard. 

Jon then tried to tell them to go without him to keep from another dragon being killed. 

he could have gone up right after Jorah got on.  There weren't even a bunch of walkers coming at them when Jorah got on.  It feels like Jon could have gotten back in time.

I'll have to watch again.

6 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

Maybe it's just me but I think Dany/Jon finding out they're aunt and nephew would stop the love sesh we're gonna see eventually. 

That's my hope.  yeah, i know that's what Targs did but don't think Jon is about that life.

1 minute ago, Starkiller said:

Why? The Targs wed brother and sister all the time. That's why it had to be part of their history, imho

Would be weird for Jon to accept incest after presumably thinking it was wrong for his whole life. I assume he'll find out after they are banging. 

4 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

I still think it's debatable. Just the stupid plan is the problem. 

Na, not debatable.  Very few of the character moments competed.  

I'm in a more negative mode about the show than positive.  After another viewing knowing my expectations shouldn't have been as high might make it more enjoyable.  It just feels very Hollywood, which they didn't do before, and the reason I feel in love with the show.  

The big take away is the undead dragon.  Holy shit.  That's out of this world game changing.  The biggest downside for me is they've made band of a dozen or so men fight the WW army fairly well, sort of diminishing the threat.  After that fight scene, now it feels like a good 10k men should fair pretty good against them.  

I'll feel better about after another viewing, but right now I'm a bit disappointed.  I just beg of you, don't watch another episode before us and tell us how great it is.  Please.