The Game of Thrones

OILERMAN

First episode this season I didn't really like all things considered... but it was almost entirely setup and follows an action episode, so that's not unexpected. Definitely more warts in the narrative (surprise), but if the payoff is good next week then it's basically the same general bargain we've had since they passed the books - great characters doing fun things to conclude the story in all-too-trope ways: Great + Good + Bad = Great

Probably the biggest regret I have in this series and how they've progressed since they passed the books (and GRRM step back from writing episodes and being so involved) is that many of the great characters for intrigue and drama are secondary now and merely serve as pawns for the plots of less interesting but more important characters. Tyrion, Varys and Littlefinger used to have their own storylines that were great or mysterious and intriguing. Now they're after-thoughts and when they do appear, they're inept. What the fuck does Varys even do? They're useless... except mayne Littlefinger. God, I enjoyed him out there scheming again. You thought Arya had him and then there he is in the shadows. I loved it. I miss it. Please take the fucking shackles off Tyrion and Varys. FUCK having Tyrion come up with this shit plan. God damnit. Give us back the real Tyrion. Jesus. All he does is stay sober, fuck up and do sad faces. Give him some God damn ale and some bitches so he can wreck shit again.

FUUUUUUUUCK

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well for anyone who cares to read this, here are my (lengthy) thoughts now that I’ve had a chance to sleep on it.   I’ll start by saying I'm not sure I've ever been more hyped for an episode

I loved the fact that Theon won his fight cause he has no dick. Haha

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Looking back at it, Sam handed the book to Little Sam (why?). What are the odds he packed up that very convenient book and brought it with him when they left Oldtown?

OK... we know the odds...

I hope he did pack the book because it will irk Jamal even more. :)

1 minute ago, NashvilleNinja said:

I hope he did pack the book because it will irk Jamal even more. :)

Even having that noted in passing just to put the fan service detail out there is annoying. Convenient and pointless unless it becomes extra convenient and they kept the book. Yes.

Just now, abenjami said:

I'll give you guys a spoiler. 

I impregnated Cersei. 

That's funny, but I actually wonder if she's already been letting Euron into the "throne room". Maybe that's actually his baby and not Jaime's. Not hard to fathom how Jaime's and Cersei's relationship could hit a brick wall immediately, especially after she slipped that Walter White-esque line in there about never betraying her again.

32 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

I do like that it's Cersei so you can't trust that she's pregnant.

Actually, thinking about it more, they made a point of Cersei knowing the prophecy pretty exactly and she was told she'll have 3 kids. She knows what she told Jaime is bullshit. I suspect that also means she's completely lying, but it at least means she's pulling a power move on Jaime. It's a completely false premise and (assuming a reasonably decent plot) the only reason she's do it is to keep him on her side and doesn't trust him.

Pretty clear reveal for how she feels about him.

2 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

Actually, thinking about it more, they made a point of Cersei knowing the prophecy pretty exactly and she was told she'll have 3 kids. She knows what she told Jaime is bullshit. I suspect that also means she's completely lying, but it at least means she's pulling a power move on Jaime.

Or it could mean (if she is pregnant) that she thinks the prophecy is BS and that makes her more arrogant/stupid in how she goes about future scheming. 

Just now, Mercalius said:

Or it could mean (if she is pregnant) that she thinks the prophecy is BS and that makes her more arrogant/stupid in how she goes about future scheming. 

If they have her suddenly not believe the perfect that has consumed her since childhood, that's a standard below even the worst things people think I think about this show, which is already worse than what I really think.

28 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

If they have her suddenly not believe the perfect that has consumed her since childhood, that's a standard below even the worst things people think I think about this show, which is already worse than what I really think.

it would completely invalidate it though - if she has another child, the prophecy was wrong (and still unproven/vague in a few other areas).  That would be extremely vindicating, no matter how much she had been consumed by it to that point.  I don't think that would be bad writing, I think it would be a normal human reaction to an all-enveloping fear being (from her perspective) debunked - especially to a person as over-the-edge as Cersei who's recently drunk with power.  

Edited by Mercalius

Sidebar: A quick tarly... I mean tally... of the people/beings/whatever who seem to know about Jon's true lineage at this point:

1) Bran

2) Drogon (pretty obvious that giant nostril of his caught a whiff of the Targaryen/dragon blood running through Jon's veins)

2.2) Gilly doesn't know what she knows yet, but she knows a vital piece of info regarding Jon's parents and his true heritage.

Anyone else?

26 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Sidebar: A quick tarly... I mean tally... of the people/beings/whatever who seem to know about Jon's true lineage at this point:

1) Bran

2) Drogon (pretty obvious that giant nostril of his caught a whiff of the Targaryen/dragon blood running through Jon's veins)

2.2) Gilly doesn't know what she knows yet, but she knows a vital piece of info regarding Jon's parents and his true heritage.

Anyone else?

Howland Reed, Meera's dad, was at the Tower of Joy

54 minutes ago, Mercalius said:

it would completely invalidate it though - if she has another child, the prophecy was wrong (and still unproven/vague in a few other areas).  That would be extremely vindicating, no matter how much she had been consumed by it to that point.  I don't think that would be bad writing, I think it would be a normal human reaction to an all-enveloping fear being (from her perspective) debunked - especially to a person as over-the-edge as Cersei who's recently drunk with power.  

Cersei could simply be pregnant but not survive long enough to have the child