Started by thor, Feb 04 2012 11:45 PM

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Advertising

thor
  • thor
  • Contributor
  • 3,274 posts

Looks like none for us....We screwed up royally....
A short ways down the comments section is where the Titans picks are explained...or should I say no picks...

http://www.mockingth...ick-predictions

Alcibiades

I'm not sure we need more late round picks anyway. We need some difference makers. We've got plenty of role players.

Still, I thought that some of our incoming signings were cut by their teams. Like Graham, for example. Was I wrong?

thor
  • thor
  • Contributor
  • 3,274 posts

I'm not sure we need more late round picks anyway. We need some difference makers. We've got plenty of role players.

Still, I thought that some of our incoming signings were cut by their teams. Like Graham, for example. Was I wrong?

I don't see a 3 or 4 comp. as a late round pick...Some nice players can be out there around 96-105 or 127-140 approx. 3rd comp or a 4th comp...

WG53

I don't see a 3 or 4 comp. as a late round pick...Some nice players can be out there around 96-105 or 127-140 approx. 3rd comp or a 4th comp...

we were not going to get a third

OILERMAN

We're not getting any picks because of all the scrubs they signed.

What I didn't realize was how big Collins salary was this season

Rolltide

Not sure how we "screwed up royally". We didn't lose anybody that we would get compensated for.

thor
  • thor
  • Contributor
  • 3,274 posts

Not sure how we "screwed up royally". We didn't lose anybody that we would get compensated for.

Aytime you don't get anything for letting good players leave---I consider that screwing up royally....
I could care less about signing S.Smith and D.Graham....I suppose we needed the players and at the
time I may have even liked the pickups (don't recall)...Plus, we didn't know Collins would be signed to
a nice contract...But, in hindsight I would like an extra pick or 2 in this year's draft...And we all know our
FO doesn't know how to trade to get extra picks...Or how to trade players before they walk in FA....As
this year we will probably see it again with Finnegan, Griffin, Jones, and who knows whom else...Again,
that is just my opinion on the situation...But, the FO also needs to pay attention this year to how many players
we lose compared to how many players we sign so we get some sort of compensation next year...

Advertising

OILERMAN

If you lose more than you sign you get comp picks regardless of who left. And thinking the Titans wouldn't have gotten a 3rd is crazy talk.

WG53

If you lose more than you sign you get comp picks regardless of who left. And thinking the Titans wouldn't have gotten a 3rd is crazy talk.

Crazy talk my ass.

OILERMAN

Sidney Rice and Zack Miller got 3rd round comps

Babin's 2011 salary was slightly above Miller and slightly below Rice's.

abenjami

Babin was most likely worth a 3rd round comp pick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users