Welcome to Titans Report - Message Board
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Estimated Compensatory Draft Picks

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Advertising

thor

thor

All-Pro

• Contributor
  • 3,016 posts
Looks like none for us....We screwed up royally....
A short ways down the comments section is where the Titans picks are explained...or should I say no picks...

http://www.mockingth...ick-predictions

Alcibiades

Alcibiades

Greco-Chinese Wisdom

• Members
  • 2,028 posts
I'm not sure we need more late round picks anyway. We need some difference makers. We've got plenty of role players.

Still, I thought that some of our incoming signings were cut by their teams. Like Graham, for example. Was I wrong?

thor

thor

All-Pro

• Contributor
  • 3,016 posts

I'm not sure we need more late round picks anyway. We need some difference makers. We've got plenty of role players.

Still, I thought that some of our incoming signings were cut by their teams. Like Graham, for example. Was I wrong?

I don't see a 3 or 4 comp. as a late round pick...Some nice players can be out there around 96-105 or 127-140 approx. 3rd comp or a 4th comp...

WG53

WG53

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 12,307 posts

I don't see a 3 or 4 comp. as a late round pick...Some nice players can be out there around 96-105 or 127-140 approx. 3rd comp or a 4th comp...

we were not going to get a third
The Voice of Reason

OILERMAN

OILERMAN

Indomitable Titansreport poster

• Moderators
  • 31,691 posts
We're not getting any picks because of all the scrubs they signed.

What I didn't realize was how big Collins salary was this season

Oscar-winning actor Robin Williams' death was a suicide by hanging.....lol

Rolltide

Rolltide

Pro

• Members
  • 287 posts
Not sure how we "screwed up royally". We didn't lose anybody that we would get compensated for.

thor

thor

All-Pro

• Contributor
  • 3,016 posts

Not sure how we "screwed up royally". We didn't lose anybody that we would get compensated for.

Aytime you don't get anything for letting good players leave---I consider that screwing up royally....
I could care less about signing S.Smith and D.Graham....I suppose we needed the players and at the
time I may have even liked the pickups (don't recall)...Plus, we didn't know Collins would be signed to
a nice contract...But, in hindsight I would like an extra pick or 2 in this year's draft...And we all know our
FO doesn't know how to trade to get extra picks...Or how to trade players before they walk in FA....As
this year we will probably see it again with Finnegan, Griffin, Jones, and who knows whom else...Again,
that is just my opinion on the situation...But, the FO also needs to pay attention this year to how many players
we lose compared to how many players we sign so we get some sort of compensation next year...

Advertising

OILERMAN

OILERMAN

• Moderators
  • 31,691 posts
If you lose more than you sign you get comp picks regardless of who left. And thinking the Titans wouldn't have gotten a 3rd is crazy talk.

WG53

WG53

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 12,307 posts

If you lose more than you sign you get comp picks regardless of who left. And thinking the Titans wouldn't have gotten a 3rd is crazy talk.

Crazy talk my ass.
The Voice of Reason

OILERMAN

OILERMAN

• Moderators
  • 31,691 posts
Sidney Rice and Zack Miller got 3rd round comps

Babin's 2011 salary was slightly above Miller and slightly below Rice's.

abenjami

abenjami

Board Regulator

• Contributor
  • 8,179 posts
Babin was most likely worth a 3rd round comp pick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

ABOUT TITANS REPORT

Titans Report is a fan operated website for the Tennessee Titans. The site includes a message board, blog, podcast, organized fantasy games,and a mobile site. The podcast has had on many prominent members of the media covering the Titans. Some names include John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean, Paul Kuharsky of ESPN and 104.5 The Zone, Phillip B. Wilson of the Indy Star, Jonathan Hutton of the Titans Radio Network, Sal Capaccio of the Buffalo Bills Radio Network, Scott Wright of Draft Countdown, and others.

LATEST STORIES

OILERMAN BLOG: Free Agency

OILERMAN - Feb 28 2014 09:58 PM

Whisenhunt to Titans (Per Mort)

Cyrus - Jan 13 2014 05:32 PM

OILERMAN BLOG: WEEK 15

OILERMAN - Dec 19 2013 07:42 PM

The TitansReport website is strictly for informational and entertainment purposes. Our website is no way connected or affiliated with the Tennessee Titans or any other related fan sites. It also claims no rights to the trademarks of NFL or its properties.