Dare To Compare

BeedoeLaw

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When on earth did the Titans keep McNair around to mentor VY?

This is a pretty dumb take. The guy sacrificed his body each and every week to will this team to win.   McNair took a long time to develop, and was personally very flawed, but you are re-inv

So you came here to make friends obviously...  

Posted Images

Mariota is a better QB than McNair was at this stage of their careers. That doesn't mean Marcus will ever be as good as Steve eventually became, but early on McNair couldn't read a defense to save his life. They ran the hell out of Eddie and basically told Steve to just not turn it over...which is why Wycheck was consistently their leading receiver.

Statistical comparisons between the 3 makes no sense anyway. 04 and 11 marked two different parts where offensive play took off(more so 04). In 2000 the highest ypg by a passer was Warner at 311, and no one else was even above 277. This year so far 7 are over 300 per game and 11 are over 277 per game.

The only real way to do this is by percentages. 

Int % td% completion% ypa/ypc. 3rd down %...

find those... find the league averages for each time period... project what McNair’s/ vys #s would be in today’s game. The.n compare to Marcus. 

Then you can see 

9 hours ago, TF_Titan said:

Mariota is a better QB than McNair was at this stage of their careers. That doesn't mean Marcus will ever be as good as Steve eventually became, but early on McNair couldn't read a defense to save his life. They ran the hell out of Eddie and basically told Steve to just not turn it over...which is why Wycheck was consistently their leading receiver.

Lol what? This couldn't be anymore inaccurate. 

9 hours ago, XanderMXIX said:

VY is my favorite QB. I think had he got a better coach instead of fisher who catered to his strengths we could’ve gone far with him. I know I’ll get killed for that opinion 

Nah VY gets too much hate. He was pretty much screwed when he got here. 

We saw a thing like this that compared those 3 after Mariota's first 16 games. They are trying way too hard. Unless someone comes up with a way to adjust stats for era differences, its useless. Ill always consider Marino's records in the 80's to be >than Brady, Manning, Brees doing it in the modern era.