AFC Playoff Standings

tgo

11 minutes ago, oldschool said:

The Texans and Skins are two of the weakest 6-3 teams I can remember. If the Titans play like they have the past 2 weeks they should be favored over both of them.

I agree. That's a big "if" though. 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I almost don't want to even think about playoff scenarios. I'm enjoying just watching the games on Sunday with them playing well and improving. 

The Texans don't even need to "fall off", really.    If we beat Indy next week, then 1st place in the division is on the line the following week in Houston regardless of what the Texans do n

Titans need to win the division and be done with it. If we can't beat Indy and Hou down the stretch then they don't deserve the playoffs. 

5 minutes ago, freakingeek said:

One game at a time. Don't look too far ahead or behind.  Stay focused on the task at hand. We have put together a string on well played games, even if they all weren't a W. The Titans are coming together as a team at the right time. They have bought in to Vrabel and the staff. The staff is improving by the week and installing a good gameplan for the talent we have on the roster. Everybody is contributing. Titans football is fun to watch again. Titanup!

Wtf lol. We are fans. We can look ahead lol.

If your goal is to win the division and you can pick 2 games to lose the 2 games you'd pick are the Ravens and Chargers.  Because those are the 2 games that aren't in common with the rest of the division.  Common games is more important than conference record.  Houston and Indy both won an non-common game.  So that's why the Titans would win any tie-breaker that goes past h2h and division record.  And Jacksonville's already 0-3 in the division so the likelihood that they'll be a factor in a division tie-breaker is low.

Besides the Jets, the Texans could lose all their remaining games. Honestly, next week will be the biggest story.

We win going to 6-4 with 3-0 div record. Texans lose going to 6-4 with 2-2 record. 

Then if we beat the Texans to go 7-4, 4-0 in the division...it's fucking over for those bastards. 

It's all about the divisional games. The other three also have to play each other too, so someone has to lose those games.

We just demolished the Pats, dominated the Cowboys, and let one slip away against the Chargers. The defense is healthy and legit, which will keep us within striking distance of any upcoming opponent. At this stage, there is no one on the schedule we should look at and think, "well that's a loss." The Colts scare me the most -- Luck is the best QB left we face, their protection holds up, and their D is vastly underrated.

But if we lose both to Indy, and lose to the Texans and/or Jags, then we aren't a playoff team. Last year, despite actually beating KC (which was awesome), no one felt good about the season and no one had any faith the team could actually compete against the best teams. It was a mirage. This year, we've had some tremendous wins and we have the #1 defense in the NFL which has been tested by legit QBs (Brady, Rivers, Wentz). Add Luck to that group and win the division, and the hype will be 2008-ish.

2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

I'm enjoying just watching the games

These past two games I have texted friends who have been "forced" watching the Titans since they've been on TV here in Wisconsin that I wasn't even excited they were local because they'd be such beatings, little did I know that they have been the 2 games this season I have enjoyed the most.

I just hope we're not sitting here Sunday night asking ourselves WTF happened. It would be very Titan-like to go to Indy and play like a bunch of schmucks after a win like that. It happened in Buffalo.

Edited by TampaTitan