Mariota is finally telling LaFleur “No”

heyitsmeallen

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why saying No is paying off for Tennessee Titans QB Marcus Mariota   some good stuff in here.   

In his short career Titans QB Marcus Mariota has defeated Patriots Tom Brady,Packers Aaron Rodgers and Saints Drew Brees outscoring them 115-63.      

Mariota > any alpha male who's ever lived!      

There's definitely another side of the coin. He's been destroyed by mediocre and even bad QBs. Was he starting when we lost to Manziel?

It's just kind of crazy how he seems to perform when going against the greats. We should also point out he's played Brady and been bested by him more than once. 

2 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

There's definitely another side of the coin. He's been destroyed by mediocre and even bad QBs. Was he starting when we lost to Manziel?

It's just kind of crazy how he seems to perform when going against the greats. We should also point out he's played Brady and been bested by him more than once. 

I was thinking about how we almost always perform up or down to the competition. 

Marcus needs to understand that "deference" is not polite when it means your team is leaderless. When you defer to leaders but the team fails, you failed to be a leader. 

It's part of his psyche, to defer to authority, just like it's part of his psyche to play his hardest no matter what the score is, how much pain he's in, or when he literally gets knocked out of his shoes because his line sucks ass. 

He needs to trample the weak and hurdle the dead. Leave the school boy shit for the press.  

Some of this stuff with Mariota actually seems kind of crazy. Sometimes it makes me wonder if his parent were actually kind of emotionally abusive to him or something. A lot of his behavior is just not normal. Anyway...

Some people aren't going to like this but an older gruff guy like Robiskie probably had a lot of problems relating to Mariota. There's generational gaps that sometimes can't be crossed by some people. LeBeau was ancient but he worked to relate to his players. I don't think Robiskie was that kind of guy.

LaFleur and Mariota seem like pretty similar personalities. They're closer in age.

I honestly bet that their ability to form a better working relationship is the reason for their success. Mariota likely never felt comfortable speaking his mind to Mularkey or Robiskie and they, being older and from a different generation, would have never thought to try to get Mariota out of his shell.

Edited by Titans279

1 hour ago, Titans279 said:

Some of this stuff with Mariota actually seems kind of crazy. Sometimes it makes me wonder if his parent were actually kind of emotionally abusive to him or something. A lot of his behavior is just not normal. Anyway...

It's bizarre