KingTitan8

Living in Boston

1 hour ago, scine09 said:

Do you remember what Foxboro Stadium was like in those days?  You could usually buy a ticket the day of the game.  I'm from the area as well and we used to have to listen to a lot of the games on the radio because they'd be blacked out due to not selling out.  I was at a game the year before Parcells got there and there may have been 20,000 there.  And that's being kind.  They played the Giants the year that they went 1-15 and the Giants won the Super Bowl and I was told that there were mostly all Giants fans there.

Look, the team sucked for decades. Occasionally they were good, mid-70s, but by and large, they sucked. Fans getting sick and tired of it doesn't make them fair weather fans. The Patriots were far from ignored here. 

scine09   
20 minutes ago, BostonBlackie said:

Look, the team sucked for decades. Occasionally they were good, mid-70s, but by and large, they sucked. Fans getting sick and tired of it doesn't make them fair weather fans. The Patriots were far from ignored here. 

They were unquestionably the 4th team before Parcells got there.

scine09   
Just now, BostonBlackie said:

That's because they were the 4th team before Parcells got there. 

I still say that if all 4 teams were either really good or really bad the Patriots eventually would have the least amount of support.  I always felt that there was a lot of bandwagon going on with the Patriots that doesn’t exist as much with the other 3 teams.

13 hours ago, BostonBlackie said:

If you only support your team when they win yes you are a fair weather fan