Living in Boston

TheChosenTitan

17 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I'm in Boston right now. There is a lot of clemson orange.

If BC was a National championship team you would see the whole city with BC shit. When the Celtics finally won the finals that’s all I saw that year 

Edited by KingTitan8

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Then he would never talk again.

Was he the guy who picked up 11 of 14 first downs or who stripped Dak Prescott or who picked off Dak Prescott in the end zone?   Boston fans are some of the worst in the country at their ove

My family is watching the Pats news on TV and they said Dion Lewis single handily carried us to a win. This is why I can’t stand these bums on local news that doesn’t watch any other team besides the

19 minutes ago, scine09 said:

It’s different with college sports.  College sports are basically irrelevant in Boston.  

Southerners treat SEC football likes it's the fucking premiere football in the land.

It's some redneck shit. Born and raised here. Always preferred pro sports like a person with a real brain who likes to watch the very best in the world. I am an anomaly here in many ways. 

2 hours ago, KingTitan8 said:

no the most annoying thing about Boston Sports Fans is them themselves, most of them are fair weather fans. once Brady is done you will see that fan base erase and move to another team that is winning. They have no idea what is going around in the leagu, trust me i live here

Yup.

Just look at all the Bama fans you see now. 10 years ago you didn't see any. Now they are everywhere.  And they all try to claim they have always been their fans.

22 hours ago, KingTitan8 said:

Yea I was there too and it was awful 

I've never been at a game that was so friggin cold. I went to a Titans Cowboys night game back in 2000 (IIRC) and it was 15 degrees at kickoff but that wasn't even close to how cold it was at NE in Jan. I froze my ass off.  

4 hours ago, scine09 said:

I can't say I'm different as I'm likely not going to watch many games that don't involve the team that I root for, either directly or indirectly.  But whenever the national ratings come out for a big game not involving a Boston team the ratings are never good there.  People just don't care about the rest of the leagues.  That's fine.  I just think it's more widespread there than most other places.

It could be. I'm from here so I don't know how more or less aware we are about the rest of the teams. We, Bostonians, certainly have been accused of being provincial. How much more provincial we are than any other areas in the country I'm not sure. Which may prove your point. 

5 hours ago, KingTitan8 said:

no the most annoying thing about Boston Sports Fans is them themselves, most of them are fair weather fans. 

This is patently false. We aren't any more or less fair weather fans than anywhere else. I went to more Patriots games when they were no good then I do now. 

4 hours ago, 'Nator said:

I went to the Pats playoff game with CTF and we had a great time, with no problems. CTF was all Titan'd up, and no one gave us any shit. In fact, with Patriot fans all around us, he was cheering wildly in the 1st quarter when the Titans were playing relatively well. 

I think you guys who had a hard time are probably just sensitive pussy boys. 

We shared an Uber back with some suburban early 20 something Masshole kids who talked about how they would literally let Gronk fuck their girlfriends if he wanted to. Pretty humorous. 

I have to admit I miss that guy. Tell him we will welcome him back as a battered woman ready to be subjected to more mental abuse. 

1 hour ago, BostonBlackie said:

This is patently false. We aren't any more or less fair weather fans than anywhere else. I went to more Patriots games when they were no good then I do now. 

Do you remember what Foxboro Stadium was like in those days?  You could usually buy a ticket the day of the game.  I'm from the area as well and we used to have to listen to a lot of the games on the radio because they'd be blacked out due to not selling out.  I was at a game the year before Parcells got there and there may have been 20,000 there.  And that's being kind.  They played the Giants the year that they went 1-15 and the Giants won the Super Bowl and I was told that there were mostly all Giants fans there.

1 hour ago, scine09 said:

Do you remember what Foxboro Stadium was like in those days?  You could usually buy a ticket the day of the game.  I'm from the area as well and we used to have to listen to a lot of the games on the radio because they'd be blacked out due to not selling out.  I was at a game the year before Parcells got there and there may have been 20,000 there.  And that's being kind.  They played the Giants the year that they went 1-15 and the Giants won the Super Bowl and I was told that there were mostly all Giants fans there.

Look, the team sucked for decades. Occasionally they were good, mid-70s, but by and large, they sucked. Fans getting sick and tired of it doesn't make them fair weather fans. The Patriots were far from ignored here. 

20 minutes ago, BostonBlackie said:

Look, the team sucked for decades. Occasionally they were good, mid-70s, but by and large, they sucked. Fans getting sick and tired of it doesn't make them fair weather fans. The Patriots were far from ignored here. 

They were unquestionably the 4th team before Parcells got there.

Just now, BostonBlackie said:

That's because they were the 4th team before Parcells got there. 

I still say that if all 4 teams were either really good or really bad the Patriots eventually would have the least amount of support.  I always felt that there was a lot of bandwagon going on with the Patriots that doesn’t exist as much with the other 3 teams.

13 hours ago, BostonBlackie said:

If you only support your team when they win yes you are a fair weather fan