Sign in to follow this  
abenjami

Trades

abenjami   

I feel like it has become near impossible to make trades in my fantasy leagues.

I remember 5-10 years ago, I used to make several deals each season. But now for some reason people seem to say overvalue their own guys (at least in my leagues). 

Here’s a couple of examples from this week. 

League #1:  This guy posts on our league message board that he’s looking to trade for a WR. Then he offers me Mark Ingram for Thielen. It makes no sense. Ingram isn’t a noticeable upgrade to my current RB’s and Thielen is the #1 scoring WR in our league.  Meanwhile, I post that I’m willing to trade Luck (#4 QB and rising) and get no responses, even from teams who are rolling out guys like Stafford and Flacco).

League #2:  We don’t have a flex spot. There’s a guy who has Kittle and Ertz. He can’t start them both. Meanwhile, his RB’s are Hunt, Howard and Cohen. I offer him Brieda and Olsen for Ertz or Kittle. He gets a RB whose likely better than his current #2 and he simply gives up his backup TE that he can’t start anyway while I’m throwing him back a pretty solid backup TE. He declines the trade and offers me Ertz for Hopkins and Olsen. LOL

Edited by abenjami

OILERMAN   
3 hours ago, abenjami said:

I feel like it has become near impossible to make trades in my fantasy leagues.

I'm in first in my money league and I have Kamara, Mixon, James White and Dion Lewis(can only play two). I'm weaker at WR and I cannot give one of these guys away for just a decent WR. 

abenjami   
7 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

I'm in first in my money league and I have Kamara, Mixon, James White and Dion Lewis(can only play two). I'm weaker at WR and I cannot give one of these guys away for just a decent WR. 

I would think someone would be willing to part with a decent WR for Mixon.

17 hours ago, abenjami said:

League #2:  We don’t have a flex spot. There’s a guy who has Kittle and Ertz. He can’t start them both. Meanwhile, his RB’s are Hunt, Howard and Cohen. I offer him Brieda and Olsen for Ertz or Kittle. He gets a RB whose likely better than his current #2 and he simply gives up his backup TE that he can’t start anyway while I’m throwing him back a pretty solid backup TE. He declines the trade and offers me Ertz for Hopkins and Olsen. LOL

Why would he want Breida? Just because he would give a backup doesn't make it a smart move, it sure as hell isn't some deal obviously

The trade would be Kittle for Breida, Ertz for anything relating to Breida is just as laughable as the Hopkins offer

Edited by wiscotitansfan

13 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

I assume you're trying to pawn White or Dion on people and not actually wanting just "decent" for the other two, especially Kamara

OILERMAN   
1 hour ago, wiscotitansfan said:

I assume you're trying to pawn White or Dion on people and not actually wanting just "decent" for the other two, especially Kamara

I was willing to part with any of the 4 but yes Kamara would obviously get me more. 

abenjami   
4 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Why would he want Breida? Just because he would give a backup doesn't make it a smart move, it sure as hell isn't some deal obviously

The trade would be Kittle for Breida, Ertz for anything relating to Breida is just as laughable as the Hopkins offer

He would want Brieda because he’s weak at RB and it probably upgrades his starting lineup. 

Any yeah, I asked a little high somewhat thinking he probably declines the trade but counters with Kittle. 

He also could have countered by asking for Michel instead of Brieda. But LOL at thinking I’m giving up Hopkins just to upgrade from Olsen (who is just fine as a fantasy starting TE).

4 hours ago, abenjami said:

He would want Brieda because he’s weak at RB and it probably upgrades his starting lineup. 

Any yeah, I asked a little high somewhat thinking he probably declines the trade but counters with Kittle. 

He also could have countered by asking for Michel instead of Brieda. But LOL at thinking I’m giving up Hopkins just to upgrade from Olsen (who is just fine as a fantasy starting TE).

Of course he could have.. or he could have also just wanted to show how dumb of a trade it is to get offered Breida

I think it's funny that you are mocking someone for a trade when you lowballed him in the first place in a 2 for 1 that doesn't even yield a single actual starter (you'd be giving him the 4th highest scoring RB you mentioned of his OUT OF 4), just someone to spot start and hope he plays well that week and yet he has the audacity to think it's a bad trade?

No shit he wouldn't want to do a trade that doesn't help his team but makes yours better

Edited by wiscotitansfan

abenjami   
11 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Of course he could have.. or he could have also just wanted to show how dumb of a trade it is to get offered Breida

I think it's funny that you are mocking someone for a trade when you lowballed him in the first place in a 2 for 1 that doesn't even yield a single actual starter (you'd be giving him the 4th highest scoring RB you mentioned of his OUT OF 4), just someone to spot start and hope he plays well that week and yet he has the audacity to think it's a bad trade?

No shit he wouldn't want to do a trade that doesn't help his team but makes yours better

I think most of the fantasy world values Brieda a lot higher than Cohen at this point and some higher than Howard with Mostert out for the year. 

So again, I was offering him a guy he can actually start some weeks for a guy he can never start barring an injury to his other guy, unless of course he highly values some kind of strategy where you get deep at TE to play matchups.

And keep in mind the point of this thread was about trading in general, not just the specific example you clearly disagree with.  

Edited by abenjami

59 minutes ago, abenjami said:

I think most of the fantasy world values Brieda a lot higher than Cohen at this point and some higher than Howard with Mostert out for the year. 

I think you are very wrong about that

So again, I was offering him a guy he can actually start some weeks for a guy he can never start barring an injury to his other guy, unless of course he highly values some kind of strategy where you get deep at TE to play matchups.

That's the point, no you didn't.... You offered him two backups so he needs to drop another player of his,  in addition to having a guy he likely only plays based on super good matchups or injury (just like Kittle).

And keep in mind the point of this thread was about trading in general, not just the specific example you clearly disagree with.  

Keep in mind that trading matters on personal views of a player and personal relationships with someone... If someone constantly lowballs me on shit that doesn't help at all I would not even want to have a trade conversation with that person

If you offer shit value it doesn't even warrant a counter, making it tough to get trades off.... the entire broad point of this trade

On 11/6/2018 at 11:46 PM, abenjami said:

Then he offers me Mark Ingram for Thielen. It makes no sense. Ingram isn’t a noticeable upgrade to my current RB’s and Thielen is the #1 scoring WR in our league.

What counter did you offer for this bad trade? You didn't because the guy has clearly shown no logic relating to player value.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

On 11/6/2018 at 11:46 PM, abenjami said:

But now for some reason people seem to say overvalue their own guys (at least in my leagues). 

There's too much fantasy info out there to make people feel educated... Too many retards thinking they are actually good at the game, that's my opinion at least.

It seems like every draft the bad people get more and more legitly cocky (not some false bravado) in my leagues that have been going on for many years

Edited by wiscotitansfan

abenjami   
35 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

I think you are very wrong about that

That's the point, no you didn't.... You offered him two backups so he needs to drop another player of his,  in addition to having a guy he likely only plays based on super good matchups or injury (just like Kittle).

Keep in mind that trading matters on personal views of a player and personal relationships with someone... If someone constantly lowballs me on shit that doesn't help at all I would not even want to have a trade conversation with that person

If you offer shit value it doesn't even warrant a counter, making it tough to get trades off.... the entire broad point of this trade

What counter did you offer for this bad trade? You didn't because the guy has clearly shown no logic relating to player value.

He wouldn’t need to drop another player and our roster rules require him to carry a backup TE. So he would get Olsen as his backup, which is still a high quality guy, in exchange for a TE he can’t start.

You are wrong, I did send him a counter. I offered him Brieda and Olsen for Kittle and  Ekeler. He never responded, which I think pretty much proves my point. 

Edited by abenjami

7 minutes ago, abenjami said:

You are wrong, I did send him a counter. I offered him Brieda and Olsen for Kittle and  Ekeler. He never responded, which I think pretty much proves my point. 

You offered a counter on the Thielen for Ingram trade? That was my point, the value was so bad it didn't warrant a conversation

Edited by wiscotitansfan

abenjami   
3 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

You offered a counter on the Thielen for Ingram trade? That was my point

Sorry, I thought you were talking about a counter to the ridiculous Hopkins offer. 

I also offered a counter for the Ingram/Thielen trade. I offered Thielen, Chubb, and Luck for Gurley. He never responded.