Rich Eisen: Mariota vs Winston Debate is Over

Jonboy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They get into a much bigger discussion on Mariota, which is probably more interesting than the Winston bit.    

What’s crazy is these record breaking stats are what some expect as minimum standards week to week.     

More game winning drives than any other QB since '17,11 game winning drives so far. Led Titans to biggest playoff comeback NFL history for road team. Led Titans to better record each year so far. 1 of

3 hours ago, japan said:

I think Goff is a dumb guy with elite level arm talent who lucked out and went to someone who basically pulls the strings.  Goff is smart enough to not resist being a puppet. 

Goff is pretty good and has good talent but he's the epitome of a QB who I'd like to see having started in an adverse situation. I think he'd basically be where Mariota is now. 

Its amazing what aggressive playcalling and wrs not dropping passes can do for a qbs performance. Sure over the last couple of weeks he has been a little conservative at moments but for ppl to act like Monday night was some revelation and a development game for him haven't been paying attention. Once again Mariota isn't holding this team back. Never has.

28 minutes ago, ap24786 said:

LOL.

Luck          Mariota

Comp%  60              62.4

Avg.        7.1             7.4

Td%        5.2              4.3

Int%        2.5              2.7

Rate.      88.2            88.2 

One of them sucks the next is the next brady right?

Once you remove volume stats they are very close.

So get off lucks nuts.

31 minutes ago, ap24786 said:

Goff is pretty good and has good talent but he's the epitome of a QB who I'd like to see having started in an adverse situation. I think he'd basically be where Mariota is now. 

He did, under fisher he made ryan leaf look like a solid option.

2 minutes ago, Callidus said:

Luck          Mariota

Comp%  60              62.4

Avg.        7.1             7.4

Td%        5.2              4.3

Int%        2.5              2.7

Rate.      88.2            88.2 

One of them sucks the next is the next brady right?

Once you remove volume stats they are very close.

So get off lucks nuts.

I love Mariota and think he's underrated but he just isn't in the same class as Luck. 

13 hours ago, Callidus said:

Mahomes not sure need to see next year

I love Mariota... but if I had the chance to swap him for Mahomes I think I might do it in a heartbeat. He has a helluva lot better supporting cast, but the guy has a rocket for an arm and he seems like he can make all the throws.

He's had an issue with ints the last 5 games, but they haven't slowed down that offense at all. He's still averaging 4 touchdowns a game for the last month.

36 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

I love Mariota... but if I had the chance to swap him for Mahomes I think I might do it in a heartbeat. He has a helluva lot better supporting cast, but the guy has a rocket for an arm and he seems like he can make all the throws.

He's had an issue with ints the last 5 games, but they haven't slowed down that offense at all. He's still averaging 4 touchdowns a game for the last month.

That is why he has his own catagory. I just hate to make a judgment on a player untill about halfway threw thier second year. I know this ia his 2nd year but he played 1 game as a rookie.

6 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

His supporting cast is light years ahead of Mariota’s. But I’m in the same boat. I’m a huge Mahomes fan. I’m glad (so far) his game has translated to the nfl level. I enjoyed his college days. 

31 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

His supporting cast is light years ahead of Mariota’s. But I’m in the same boat. I’m a huge Mahomes fan. I’m glad (so far) his game has translated to the nfl level. I enjoyed his college days. 

I'm more glad that he's not in the AFC South.  Just think, Jacksonville could have had him.  Instead they took an irrelevant running back.  Which in hindsight is one of the worst draft decisions in recent memory.

19 minutes ago, XanderMXIX said:

Luck is phenomenal.  He’s on pace to have his best season ever. 23 TD and 8 int. That’s after missing over a year of football. He’s literally carrying that team on his back 

Again I did atick him in the middle group. Which means I did not say mariota is better than him. And yea he is having a good year. Just said that I wasn't sure takingnhim over mariota would be the best choice. This isn't madden. You don't trade for a player and they just play to the best of their abilities right away. I think continuity would be worth more than him is what I said. Otherwise he would be in the bottom group.

32 minutes ago, XanderMXIX said:

Luck is phenomenal.  He’s on pace to have his best season ever. 23 TD and 8 int. That’s after missing over a year of football. He’s literally carrying that team on his back 

I hope he has a statistically fantastic season and again milks Indy for a huge new extension!!

On 11/7/2018 at 6:31 AM, MIKE75 said:

Not only did the Titans do this....

Titans converted 11-of-14 third down attempts on MNF for a 78.6% success rate.

-Franchise's best success rate in Titans history

-Highest success rate in an NFL game in 2018

-Tied for highest rate in the NFL in the last 3 seasons

But also this as well......

In the first half, the @Titans scored a touchdown on a 15-play, 80-yard drive that took 8 minutes and 55 seconds. It was the team’s most time-consuming drive since Dec. 9, 2012.

So vs Dallas they have their longest offensive drive in 6 years and best game ever as far as converting 3rd downs. If the offense can keep playing well and the defense stays playing well we have a chance to blow things wide open.

And this.....

Over the last five weeks of the NFL season (Week 5-9), no quarterback has converted on 3rd down passes at a higher rate than @Titans QB Marcus Mariota. In that time period, his 28 passes on third down have resulted in 18 completions and 18 first downs.

6 minutes ago, MIKE75 said:

And this.....

Over the last five weeks of the NFL season (Week 5-9), no quarterback has converted on 3rd down passes at a higher rate than @Titans QB Marcus Mariota. In that time period, his 28 passes on third down have resulted in 18 completions and 18 first downs.

On one hand that’s bad that we’ve had so many third downs. On the other hand, it’s excellent experience for MM8. He seems to be completely comfortable on third down.