Sign in to follow this  
NewsToTom

Amy Adams Strunk Profile

I have had season tickets since 1998-99. I was fully prepared to sell my PSLs before Wiz was fired. It was a shitshow. Being mocked by Browns fans at OUR stadium was a low point as a season ticket holder. As soon as Amy took charge and fired Tommie and Whiz and then replaced Webster, my feelings changed. The franchise stopped feeling like it was hopelessly adrift with no direction. I wouldn't still be a STH if it wasn't for AAS. Now the onus is on JRob to keep elevating the team and personnel.

AvgJoe   

It’s nice to be mad when you feel the team is not living up to high expectations, as opposed to the 10 years we went through expecting a horrible season. I love Amy.

Edited by AvgJoe

tgo   
2 minutes ago, titanfan24 said:

The coup part is interesting. Seems like Kenneth and his brother were fed up with Tommy Boy too. 

Yeah, this confirms that it was a legitimate coup. 

FRT   

Bud made the AFL and thus the modern NFL.  Sure he had his flaws but he should be in the HOF just because of the first sentence.

The rest of the article confirms what most put together on here during the Tommy Boy exit.

I think expectations for this season are combatting with the realities of this season and creating tunnel vision in the fab base, especially around here.

I'll take the "we haven't scored more than 30 points in so many games" crap all day every day over continued decision making by Tommy Boy.

33 minutes ago, WVTITAN said:

Doesn’t make Bud look very good, truth hurts sometimes.

I loved the line in the article that she took the things he did as an owner and turned them on their head.

It's just confirmation of what we always figured and have heard about him. Bottomline Bud.

WVTITAN   
5 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

I loved the line in the article that she took the things he did as an owner and turned them on their head.

It's just confirmation of what we always figured and have heard about him. Bottomline Bud.

Bud would spend money on players.  He made warren Moon the first Million dollar player.  He just wouldn’t listen to anyone.

"I never saw myself in football," she says, sitting in her office under an oil painting of former Oilers quarterback Dan Pastorini.

Oh hell yeah! :cool:

---

When the Titans started poorly in 2015, she fired head coach Ken Whisenhunt and replaced him with assistant Mike Mularkey. "The offense was a great offense for Philip Rivers, but we just didn't have the players to make it work," she says. It wasn't the losing as much as as the need to keep franchise QB Marcus Mariota ambulatory.

I still remember Whiz answering a question during a post game presser, with his own question, saying "Have you seen our roster?"

LOL!