NewsToTom

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/article/25158488/the-story-how-owner-amy-adams-strunk-revitalized-tennessee-titans?addata=espn:frontpage   Surely because of the MNF appearance, Bruce Schoen

Must-read. 

I have had season tickets since 1998-99. I was fully prepared to sell my PSLs before Wiz was fired. It was a shitshow. Being mocked by Browns fans at OUR stadium was a low point as a season ticket hol

I have had season tickets since 1998-99. I was fully prepared to sell my PSLs before Wiz was fired. It was a shitshow. Being mocked by Browns fans at OUR stadium was a low point as a season ticket holder. As soon as Amy took charge and fired Tommie and Whiz and then replaced Webster, my feelings changed. The franchise stopped feeling like it was hopelessly adrift with no direction. I wouldn't still be a STH if it wasn't for AAS. Now the onus is on JRob to keep elevating the team and personnel.

Bud made the AFL and thus the modern NFL.  Sure he had his flaws but he should be in the HOF just because of the first sentence.

The rest of the article confirms what most put together on here during the Tommy Boy exit.

33 minutes ago, WVTITAN said:

Doesn’t make Bud look very good, truth hurts sometimes.

I loved the line in the article that she took the things he did as an owner and turned them on their head.

It's just confirmation of what we always figured and have heard about him. Bottomline Bud.

5 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

I loved the line in the article that she took the things he did as an owner and turned them on their head.

It's just confirmation of what we always figured and have heard about him. Bottomline Bud.

Bud would spend money on players.  He made warren Moon the first Million dollar player.  He just wouldn’t listen to anyone.

"I never saw myself in football," she says, sitting in her office under an oil painting of former Oilers quarterback Dan Pastorini.

Oh hell yeah! :cool:

---

When the Titans started poorly in 2015, she fired head coach Ken Whisenhunt and replaced him with assistant Mike Mularkey. "The offense was a great offense for Philip Rivers, but we just didn't have the players to make it work," she says. It wasn't the losing as much as as the need to keep franchise QB Marcus Mariota ambulatory.

I still remember Whiz answering a question during a post game presser, with his own question, saying "Have you seen our roster?"

LOL!

6 minutes ago, TitanedUpSince'70 said:

"I never saw myself in football," she says, sitting in her office under an oil painting of former Oilers quarterback Dan Pastorini.

Oh hell yeah! :cool:

---

When the Titans started poorly in 2015, she fired head coach Ken Whisenhunt and replaced him with assistant Mike Mularkey. "The offense was a great offense for Philip Rivers, but we just didn't have the players to make it work," she says. It wasn't the losing as much as as the need to keep franchise QB Marcus Mariota ambulatory.

I still remember Whiz answering a question during a post game presser, with his own question, saying "Have you seen our roster?"

LOL!

And guys like Levitre and Warmack have since gone on to play in Superbowls.

I still say Whiz should have fired Bostad before game 5 and found a real O-Line coach.