Derrick Henry was available at the trade deadline...

ChesterCopperpot1

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He doesn’t fit the scheme and the team is wasting time with him at this point. Too many square pegs in round holes on this offense. 

I have absolutley no doubt that the coaching staff doesn't care much for Henry and much prefers Lewis.   But the fact remains that from a rushing perspective, Henry has been equal or superio

Okay, so let's throw the percentages out the window and get more granular with the negative plays.   Henry's biggest negative plays this year were a 4-yard loss on a run and a 6-yard loss on

If starting Monday night the team doesn't make Lewis the featured ball carrier their idiots. 

I assume they added the FB to copy the Pats blueprint last season for Lewis.

If they actually try and feature Henry and Fowler was added for his benefit then either the staff or Robinson's competency is in serious question. 

14 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

#TheyGiveUpQuick

Unless you throw more INTs than TDs....

Using the More TD than INT stat is old, tired and downright lazy.  Big Ben, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, and Joe Flacco all had a season early in their careers with more TD than INT. They have also all won superbowls. Actually they have won 8 superbowls combined. Good thing their teams didn’t give up on them. I’m sure if I looked into it I could find a lot more examples. 

One theory I have is that the front office and coaching staff knew that this roster still needs a lot of work coming into the season. They aren't really expecting to seriously compete at this point. They're expecting even more roster shake ups.

It's either that or they completely misjudged the situation and are probably idiots...

The fact that they went so hard after Suh when they had significant holes at WR, RB, and behind Walker kind of points to the second option though, unfortunately! :P

I think it was only Ian Rapoport, who sometimes is unreliable, but that they reportedly have gone from "Henry will be the workhorse" last off-season to "shopping Henry at the trade deadline and getting no interest" is pretty much damning. lol 

Just now, Jonboy said:

Not surprised. Also not surprised they couldn’t find anyone to match our price. 

Honestly if he was as good as his measurables he never would have lasted until the 2nd round. Zeeke Elliot went early first the same year. 

All the concerns about Henry coming out turned out to be legit and reasons he's not effective. 

If not for the couple of long TD runs closing out games his numbers would have been just as bad last season. He averaged 3.3yds per carry in the first 3 quarters for the season last year

7 minutes ago, nine said:

I have absolutley no doubt that the coaching staff doesn't care much for Henry and much prefers Lewis.

But the fact remains that from a rushing perspective, Henry has been equal or superior to Lewis in virtually every statistical category.   The only area where Lewis has an advantage is runs of 20+ yards.....Lewis has two,  Henry has 0.    Lewis is also getting no gain or losing yards on 28% of his carries, compared to only 13% for Henry.

If they coaches can't figure out how to utilize the more consistent runner....that's on them.

You're still trying with this useless stat. Stop. It's cherry picking.

If one player has -1 yard runs ... versus another that has -5 yard runs who is hurting their team more? 

Edited by big2033