Report: Raiders Belief in Derek Carr is Waning

Jonboy

25 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

Honestly, one could have an interesting debate about disappointing QB's among Carr, Winston, Mariota, and Bortles.  Especially when you see the production coming out of guys like Goff, Wentz, Mahomes....

I think everyone of these QB would be disappointments if they were drafted by the Raiders.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is my main issue with Marcus & it's a pretty big one, the lack of aggressiveness. He actually throws a very good & accurate deep ball, but he only throws it when the WR flat beats the cov

Mariota>>>>Carr

I wonder what he means by "trying to fight back for our city"...the one they're abandoning?

7 minutes ago, TitanedUpSince'70 said:

The Raiders are slowly throwing their hat into the T4T (Tank 4 Tua) contest in the 2020 draft!  New city, new stadium, new QB!

Tua might be the most accurate college QB I've ever seen. Wish he got to play some real competition to really judge but any team who gets him will hit the jackpot.

1 hour ago, ap24786 said:

I don't think Carr has been as good as his numbers say - he throws a ton of interceptable passes. But I also don't think he's such a scrub that you just move on from him. He's a decent starting QB in this league. 

So what are we talking .7-.85 Andy Daltons?

This probably means both teams got value in the Cooper trade.  Dallas needs a WR and evidently Cooper is not the problem, Carr is.  So Dallas got a young WR that has shown he can be a top WR in the NFL for the pick they would have used on a rookie WR from a what is perceived as being a below average receiver draft class. So Dallas got Cooper instead of a rookie from a poor class.  Also Cooper agreed to no new contract now, so unless Cooper shows he is worth a long term contract, in which case Dallas did good in the trade, the Cowboys only have to pay him what a rookie would demand for 4+ year for 2 years. So financially, Cooper is less risk than 1st round rookie. 

Raiders knowing Carr was the problem, held out for a 1st because they knew Cooper was worth holding for anything else but if they could get a 1st, it improved the team's position for landing a future QB so great value for the Raiders.

Edited by 9 Nines