Trump lying about giving middle class tax cut before mid terms

OILERMAN

40 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Chris Hayes made an excellent point on this lie.....

The GOP actually passed a real tax cut but they can't campaign on that because everyone knows it was for the rich, Trump has to make up a fake one for the middle class. 

The GOP is also campaigning on protecting pre-existing conditions while they have a lawsuit to kill it. 

You have to vote for the "Nationalist" because a caravan of middle eastern brown people are heading for America!

Some guy on the fox propaganda channel said they should make the tax cut permanent so businesses would fully invest In themselves.  Can make this shit up.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Republican agenda: Cut taxes on corporations and the 1% Explode the deficit after promising the tax cuts would pay for themselves Cut social security and the medicare to pay for it

Chris Hayes made an excellent point on this lie.....   The GOP actually passed a real tax cut but they can't campaign on that because everyone knows it was for the rich, Trump has to make up

Yep, we know...  But Hillary, Bill, etc.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, WVTITAN said:

Some guy on the fox propaganda channel said they should make the tax cut permanent so businesses would fully invest In themselves.  Can make this shit up.

I agree with business tax cuts.  I disagree with giving tax cuts to the wealthy.  Raising the income tax rate on the wealthy to offset the business tax decrease should be the policy.  

I'm a liberal that believes we should embrace a pro business model.  I think business taxes should be lower.  We simply cannot compete with cheap labor.  Period.  But we can lessen the tax burden on businesses so that they have a better chance to compete.  

Regulations are another matter, which I feel justifies the lower business tax.  Some regulations are a requirement, but I can see some regulations being a burden to businesses.  

It's harder for me to declare regulations are bad, particularly when particular regulations are seldom discussed.  I'm sure I agree with Republicans on a lot of burdensome regulations.   But particulars are seldom discussed.  In fact, I rank it high on the ignorance topic.  We don't talk about specific regulations much.  It's the watered down regs are good or bad, little public discussions on the details.  We all know that bad chemicals in your water supply is bad.  So not all regulations are bad, right?  

I'm all for reducing business taxes, raising taxes on the upper echelon to offset the revenue loss (or keep money within the business), but regulations needs more pondering on the particular regulation.  

But you know, who has time for that?  I'm out causing riots every night.  

3 minutes ago, Rogue said:

I agree with business tax cuts.  I disagree with giving tax cuts to the wealthy.  Raising the income tax rate on the wealthy to offset the business tax decrease should be the policy.  

I'm a liberal that believes we should embrace a pro business model.  I think business taxes should be lower.  We simply cannot compete with cheap labor.  Period.  But we can lessen the tax burden on businesses so that they have a better chance to compete.  

Regulations are another matter, which I feel justifies the lower business tax.  Some regulations are a requirement, but I can see some regulations being a burden to businesses.  

It's harder for me to declare regulations are bad, particularly when particular regulations are seldom discussed.  I'm sure I agree with Republicans on a lot of burdensome regulations.   But particulars are seldom discussed.  In fact, I rank it high on the ignorance topic.  We don't talk about specific regulations much.  It's the watered down regs are good or bad, little public discussions on the details.  We all know that bad chemicals in your water supply is bad.  So not all regulations are bad, right?  

I'm all for reducing business taxes, raising taxes on the upper echelon to offset the revenue loss (or keep money within the business), but regulations needs more pondering on the particular regulation.  

Taking this a step further into particulars, I saw the other day one of the regulations they are cutting is one on oil rigs where they have to use a government certified person to make sure the rig is safe and properly sealed. How much money can that really save these guys? 1000th of a penny on the dollar? Less? It’s crazy these are the actual regulations Republicans want removed. I have no issue with deregulating some aspects of business, but ones that deal with the financial sector or food safety, or drug regulations, or oil regulations are plain stupid. 

5 minutes ago, Rogue said:

As a general rule I wouldn’t argue that reducing business taxes are a bad thing.  However what a lot of these Fortune 500 companies did with the savings is dishonest.  Buying back stock so the upper executives can double dip on their tax breaks and giving $1000 bonuses to hourly workers and using it as a public relations tool is shitty.  

These companies didn’t buy equipment or actually raise wages long term.  They just double dipped on tax breaks.

Regulations can be difficult to discuss because they are complicated.  Most just talk about environmental or banking regulations because of climate change and bailing out to big to fail companies.  This too big to fail idea is just another case of government not doing their job and breaking these companies up like they did Ma Bell years ago.  Instead they allow mergers that aren’t good for a competitive business environment then leave tax payers on the hook using our multi-trillion dollar credit card.

I’ve rambled on enough I guess.

29 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Taking this a step further into particulars, I saw the other day one of the regulations they are cutting is one on oil rigs where they have to use a government certified person to make sure the rig is safe and properly sealed. How much money can that really save these guys? 1000th of a penny on the dollar? Less? It’s crazy these are the actual regulations Republicans want removed. I have no issue with deregulating some aspects of business, but ones that deal with the financial sector or food safety, or drug regulations, or oil regulations are plain stupid. 

I agree.  That sounds extreme.  But we don't have discussions on particular regulations.  There was a guy on another forum that disagreed with airline regulations because of the idea, "birds have to fly" and fly to make money.  He was literally making the argument regulations were a detriment to airlines that required safety regulations for passengers....because profits.  

2 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

So where does he actually say it will be implemented by then?

He said they are working on it. Guy asked for a time frame. He said Nov. 1st, maybe a little before that.

How do you know he wasn't referring to when they would be done drawing it up? You don't. Nor do I. 

I mean, wouldn't common sense tell you since he was quoted saying they wouldn't vote on it until after the election that's what he meant?

This is what they do. Take what he said, twist it into meaning what they want it to, then sell it. 

He never said it will be implemented by the first. If that's what you want it to mean, so be it. 

Plus, where is the rest of the video? Maybe shortly after that is when he says "we'll have to wait to vote on it". You think? Would be nice to see the entirety of it. Would possibly clarify things...

Maybe that's why they stopped it short. 

#believe

He said Paul Ryan was working on it.  Congress is in recess right now.  Trump constantly stumbles through interviews he’s not a detail oriented person.  

I listen to to all sorts of “news” to try to get an informed opinion.  This guy lies daily.

34 minutes ago, WVTITAN said:

As a general rule I wouldn’t argue that reducing business taxes are a bad thing.  However what a lot of these Fortune 500 companies did with the savings is dishonest.  Buying back stock so the upper executives can double dip on their tax breaks and giving $1000 bonuses to hourly workers and using it as a public relations tool is shitty.  

These companies didn’t buy equipment or actually raise wages long term.  They just double dipped on tax breaks.

Regulations can be difficult to discuss because they are complicated.  Most just talk about environmental or banking regulations because of climate change and bailing out to big to fail companies.  This too big to fail idea is just another case of government not doing their job and breaking these companies up like they did Ma Bell years ago.  Instead they allow mergers that aren’t good for a competitive business environment then leave tax payers on the hook using our multi-trillion dollar credit card.

I’ve rambled on enough I guess.

I agree companies and people have taken advantage of the rules.  Particularly larger companies that have the legal backing to make a case.  Smaller businesses don't have that advantage, and that is my primary belief of smaller business taxes.  Give the small guys a better opportunity to be sucessful, because the big guys have the ability to offshore and take advantage of overseas cheap labor. 

I can only see a more business friendly tax code to offset large company overseas ability to get cheap labor. We can make it more appealing to keep jobs here by reducing business taxes.  

8 minutes ago, Rogue said:

I agree companies and people have taken advantage of the rules.  Particularly larger companies that have the legal backing to make a case.  Smaller businesses don't have that advantage, and that is my primary belief of smaller business taxes.  Give the small guys a better opportunity to be sucessful, because the big guys have the ability to offshore and take advantage of overseas cheap labor. 

I can only see a more business friendly tax code to offset large company overseas ability to get cheap labor. We can make it more appealing to keep jobs here by reducing business taxes.  

What to you think constitutes a small business?

How many employees constitutes a small business?

How much sales volume do you think qualifies as a small business?

I ask this so we can at least be on the same page moving forward with this conversation.

6 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Guess that would be the first time someone worked on their day off or "vacation", if you will.

Might be new to dems and liberals but this is what it looks like when you're trying to fix the country. There are no off days.

But all you need told is Congress is in recess, so you automatically believe no one is working. 

Again, I have no clue if they are or not. Neither do you. But you definitely like to act as if you do. But ya dont. 

https://www.bing.com/amp/s/whotv.com/2018/10/23/house-speaker-ryan-explains-presidents-tax-cut-promise-praises-iowa-congressman-and-rips-democratic-challenger-all-in-23-seconds/amp/

Listen to that. Common sense ppl knowing not to expect it til 2019.

Then theres the leftist media trying to sell it as if they are implementing it in two weeks.

Look who's eating it up. Lmao

Common sense says nothing is being done right now because they are to busy trying to get re-elected.

The point is everyone knows this and Trump lies about it anyway.  Why?  Because that’s what he does lie.

Who’s paying for that wall?  Mexico 

Who’s really going to pay for that wall?  Me....

Notice how the last four letters of Mexico are missing in the second answer?  There’s the real answer.  All the Me’s in the USA.

So who’s swallowing everything hook, line and sinker?

1 minute ago, JakePA_Titan said:

But Ryan has been said hes not running for reelection. So aside from his petitioning for others, maybe he is also working on the new tax cuts...I know, seems so farfetched from what you are told to believe. 

So now it's about the wall?

What a turn you took there. Let's take some more turns while we're at it.

Who paid for the Kavanuagh trial?

Who is paying for the Mueller investigation? 

Why arent you as adamant about that?

Who's gonna pay for the next Democratic conspiracy theory? 

Those people are throwing away money to try and make someone look bad because they dont know how else to beat them. And you are supporting it. 

So sorry if idgaf about your crying over where tax money is going. 

You miss the point on most every conversation. This is about Trump lying.  You enjoying your extra $14?  Probably not Exxon took it.