Did You Catch It?

AvgJoe

Did anyone notice yesterday the exchange over the headset between Vrabel and LaFleur when we had no timeouts and 43 seconds left? It clearly showed on TV.

The part I could make out was “I know Matt, but we only have 43 seconds and no timeouts.” Vrabel was clearly frustrated. Between that and the play call on the 2 pt, we have definitely been dealing with new OC growing pains.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t think our receivers caught it

Thats just every day life on an NFL sideline not that big of deal. If you think coaching staffs have calm interchanges throughout the game then I dont know what to tell you 

You damn right he was saying run the ball, he sees practice!!!!

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Yeah I don't see it as a big deal. LaFleur probably wanted to try a run there at some point. 

I also thought it was funny how for the 2-pt play, you could see Spain telling Vrabel "Run the ball...run the ball."

I was of the same mindset as Spain.

12 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Thats just every day life on an NFL sideline not that big of deal. If you think coaching staffs have calm interchanges throughout the game then I dont know what to tell you 

I don’t. Just illuminating growing pains, I don’t think Vrabel body slammed or head butted him or anything like that.

11 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

LaFleur needs to get his shit together. He's calling these plays. Worst offense in the NFL. Mariota went from a red zone hero to a zero. 

The TO before half was inexcusable. The PA pass was a terrible call as well. TheChargers didn’t bite on the action because they knew we weren’t going to run the ball at the 12 with 35 seconds and only one TO left. Really bad all around, including the fact Mariota went full robot mode and tried to throw through the defensive end who was standing right in his way. Just pump once and it’s a TD. 

22 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

The TO before half was inexcusable. The PA pass was a terrible call as well. TheChargers didn’t bite on the action because they knew we weren’t going to run the ball at the 12 with 35 seconds and only one TO left. Really bad all around, including the fact Mariota went full robot mode and tried to throw through the defensive end who was standing right in his way. Just pump once and it’s a TD. 

Mariota has no polish because of all the inconsistency around him. (coaches, players, playbooks, GM, ownership, injuries, etc)

It's all just too much. I feel like in a different setting, Mariota may HAVE BEEN a top 5-8 QB. Unfortunately, he's in the bottom 10 due to circumstances. 

Edited by SleepingTitan

4 hours ago, XanderMXIX said:

I think Vrabel is causing the offensive problems. He needs to let the OC run the game or just not have one. Stupid as fuck 

How do we know that Vrabel is meddling with the offensive calls?

Also, you had to be pretty pained that we didn't get beat by 50 you fuck.

Is there a chance that LaFleur wasn't Vrabel's choice for OC? He obviously wanted Ryan Day who runs Chip Kelly's offense & had said before he like the spread. When Day stayed at OSU & it dragged on a bit is there a chance that JRob stepped in & said now impressive LaFleur's interview was & basically made the hire? And now Vrabel isn't thrilled?

1 hour ago, Face said:

Is there a chance that LaFleur wasn't Vrabel's choice for OC? He obviously wanted Ryan Day who runs Chip Kelly's offense & had said before he like the spread. When Day stayed at OSU & it dragged on a bit is there a chance that JRob stepped in & said now impressive LaFleur's interview was & basically made the hire? And now Vrabel isn't thrilled?

One of the national NFL guys (Marvez?) who isn't a fan of LaFleur was on Midday 180 this morning and made a remark along the lines of "It's interesting that Atlanta didn't promote him when Shanahan left."