Sign in to follow this  
CaliTitan3518

NBA Talk

6 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

I figured we should just start one thread for the nba shit talking.

Good luck with that. 

6 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

so how bout them lakers? 

What about them? Outside of the 0-2 start, they look good. 

And the fact Ingram and Rondo only got 3 and 4 games is a win. 

I was expecting 10+ for Ingram. 

50 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Good luck with that. 

What about them? Outside of the 0-2 start, they look good. 

And the fact Ingram and Rondo only got 3 and 4 games is a win. 

I was expecting 10+ for Ingram. 

Besides not being able to win sure they look good lol.

im just busting your balls. I actually think they look pretty good. They’re young guys are showing flashes but just not consistent enough to compete for a title at this point. Long season though. 

Edited by CaliTitan3518

Despite shooting about 25% from three they are shooting 48% from the field. I love that. Which means they are probably shooting around 60% from 2 pt land. 

Both games they were within one possession late in the game then they both just got away. 

New team needs to work on their chemistry and LBJ hasn't been exerting himself late in these games early in the season, which I understand. 

Not concerned at all at this point. Still finishing top 6. 

On 10/21/2018 at 6:46 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

Good luck with that. What about them? Outside of the 0-2 start, they look good.

0-3, but who's counting.....:cool:

15 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

0-3, but who's counting.....:cool:

Easily the best 0-3 team in the nba....

Seriously though they have faced 3 playoff teams and have been competitive with them. I think there are 8-10 teams in the West that can beat every team. 

The loss to SA was disappointing, but that was on LBJ and no one else. 

The team played great. Our depth showed out. 

Lonzo is hitting his open shots. Hart and Kuzma have appeared to take a nice step forward. 

Luke hit the nail on the head. We have been the more aggressive team in all 3 games and we are getting out shot from the FT line. As far as attempts. How often does the more aggressive team get out shot from the FT line?

Half the fouls they called in Zubac and Williams against Aldridge were bull.

We are 3rd in scoring, 2nd in points in the paint, 3rd in FG%.

LA starts getting the calls they should get, itll be a different story. 

Their defense is terrible. Have to correct that as well. 

This team is going to be a force later in the season. No doubt.

Glad to see Fultz having a good game finally. Hopefully it's not based on Simmons being out. 

Also, since ppl are too focused on our current record, I just wanted to highlight this since no seems to be talking about it. Here or in the media. I mean, it was at the forefront of anyone's short list (here or media) when talking LA last year, so I figured ppl would pay attention. 

Lonzo stat line so far. The +/- is the difference in comparison to last year.

11.7 ppg. +1.5

5.3 rpg. -1.5

3.7 apg. -3.3

FG% 46 +10

3PT% 42  +12

FT%  75  +30

I guess his improvement is why ppl arent talking about it. Currently not something they can trash...

Obviously with Rondo starting early and LBJ and himself being the primary ball handlers, it has cut, not only into Lonzos minutes, but obviously his opportunities as well.

Currently averaging 8 less minutes a game than last year. 

But the increased scoring is obviously due to the shooting efficiency improving dramatically. The fact the spot light isn't all on him and he isn't everyone's main Lakers player to shutdown, it has obviously helped him play more free. 

Very curious to see how Walton plays the PG situation going forward. But if Lonzo can continue to hit his 3s, it shouldn't be long before he takes over the starting spot. I hink him being there is better for the team anyway. 

Edited by JakePA_Titan

DeAndre Ayton is gonna be a monster. 

Fultz looks lost playing off ball and on defense. 

Was Harden acting like a beeotch or did he really tweek/pull something?

Anyway, what's up with HOU? If Capela is this up and coming C, wouldnt you run even some of your offense through him with your point GOD out of the lineup? How are Tucker and MCW putting up as many shots as him?

This is showing how he has zero offensive game other than to finish alleys with oops or putbacks. It's obvious that if both CP and Harden arent healthy and on the court, they really have zero shot...at even the WCF.

Idk if anyone remembers me arguing with OF about how Jokic was MUCH better than Capela as to who was the better "up and coming young C", but is it even a question at this point? I bring that up to also remind ppl of how I said LBJ should have went to Denver. Him, Jokic, Milsap, and those Gs they got, imho, would have been a REAL threat to GSW year one. 

I like DEN a lot. Wouldnt surprise me at all if they finished second or even first in the West. 

In the East, TOR and BOS will prove to be tier one by the end of the year with MIL and PHI trailing slightly behind. 

Outside of that 4 way race, there is nothing else in the East that is selling anything. I can really see the NBA seriously considering combining the conferences in order to let the 16 best teams in the playoffs.