Most painful regular season loss in years

scine09

4 minutes ago, Face said:

The worst regular season loss I can remember was '01 Baltimore MNF

This was actually fairly similar to that.

I think had they gotten the 2 and LA came down and kicked the winner it wouldn't have been as painful.

This was bad.  Real bad. 

I think having the BYE will hopefully get them to forget about football for a bit.  They need a break.

Just now, Hooty_McBoob said:

yeah, but 100 times better than the shitshow in Buffalo.  At least the Chargers are good.  

This feels worse.  Against Buffalo they were flat.  They didn't play well.  Today they did.  And they had a great chance to win it.  Why they didn't sneak it I'll never know.

Just now, scine09 said:

This was actually fairly similar to that.

I think had they gotten the 2 and LA came down and kicked the winner it wouldn't have been as painful.

This was bad.  Real bad. 

I think having the BYE will hopefully get them to forget about football for a bit.  They need a break.

In terms of heartbreak this was right up there.

But I'm happy with the way they played. There's different types of bad losses. Last week was maybe the most disgusting loss I've ever seen. At the end of the day this is more brutal now but I'm way more positive about the team.

Just now, scine09 said:

This feels worse.  Against Buffalo they were flat.  They didn't play well.  Today they did.  And they had a great chance to win it.  Why they didn't sneak it I'll never know.

To me, they played well against a better team today.  In Buffalo, they played like shit against a pretty helpless team after a huge win the week before.  Call it flat or whatever, but they had no excuse to lose that game.