Titans coaching staff breaks out the boxing gloves

ML57

I'm not a NFL coach, but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn last night...

Wouldn't boxing gloves make it harder to knock the ball out? 

It would be easier to strike the ball with your fist since it doesn't take up as much space. A boxing glove is just going to hit the ball carrier in the forearm/elbow. 

I get they don't want to get their hands broken, maybe they should use mma gloves instead?? 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jesus... listen to all the professional coaches in here having conniption fits over boxing gloves.

They spent last week emphasizing ball security after the Buffalo game.    Let's emphasize blitz pick-ups and protections!   Also running the fucking football!

Why care enough to let it annoy you? Did it annoy you as much when they were 3-1?

54 minutes ago, tgo said:

Lol kind of what my first thought was. 

Looks like college shit. I guess that's what you get with a bunch of college position coaches though. 

A lot of the McVay/Shanahan(especially Shanahan, which is what most of LaFleur's style is based in) passing game is based on roll outs.

If the two best offensive minds in football think it's good enough for the NFL, I think it's safe to say it's good enough for the NFL.

Just now, TitanLegend said:

A lot of the McVay/Shanahan(especially Shanahan, which is what most of LaFleur's style is based in) is based on roll outs.

If the two best offensive minds in football think it's good enough for the NFL, I think it's safe to say it's good enough for the NFL.

Yeah, I understand this. And that's fine. I was mostly referencing the RB drill bullshit last week. 

3 hours ago, tgo said:

Lol kind of what my first thought was. 

Looks like college shit. I guess that's what you get with a bunch of college position coaches though. 

Tgo with his passive aggressive shots at the staff. 

36 minutes ago, DecepticonShawn said:

Kick in the ass drill i like it. Anytime a receiver drops a ball Vrabel has succop or kern tee off

Maybe more time with schematics and mastering protections, etc and teaching walkthrough periods and less time with boxing gloves and having LBers drill the coach into the ground or running the QB through RB drills. 

Glad we got rid of Trample the Weak and Hurdle the Dead and replaced it with “something more appropriate” as Vrabel said. 

Edited by tgo

20 minutes ago, tgo said:

Maybe more time with schematics and mastering protections, etc and teaching walkthrough periods and less time with boxing gloves and having LBers drill the coach into the ground or running the QB through RB drills. 

Glad we got rid of Trample the Weak and Hurfle the Dead and replaced it with “something more appropriate” as Vrabel said. 

Shit did he really say that? Ugh.