Ref blocked TT’s route on deep bomb.

titanruss

16 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

I see what you're saying but I don't quite feel the way you've framed it. My personal feeling is that Marcus is a good enough QB to win with. I think we can win a Superbowl with Mariota at QB. You may be scoffing right now but let me clarify. You don't need an Aaron Rodgers type QB to win the superbowl. If you build a good team around them a guy like Marcus can play well enough on average to win you games. It's what we saw last season with Foles. Mariota isn't going to carry a shitty team. He's just not that good and if your standard is that your QB must be able to carry your shitty team then yeah, Mariota isn't the guy for you but that's not my standard and I think if we continue to build around him we can win. I think he's a good QB, just not a great or outstanding one and a great QB is what this team needs right now but it's a wounded animal that needs someone to carry it. Football is a team sport and right now the team isn't very good. 

They got to the 2nd round of the playoffs with him with bad coaching and probably a middle of the pack roster.  So yeah you can get to and win the SB with him.  Plus he's shown that he plays very well in big situations.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It changes a big part of the narrative, yes.  Go back and chart the incompletes. There was only 5 of them. Marcus was extremely accurate all day when he could actually throw.    The pro

I don't know if you saw the numbers I posted but Marcus has only taken 33 sacks in 670 drop backs. He's sacked 5%, that's a very low number.    Matty Cassell & Gabbert have taken 11 in e

I see what you're saying but I don't quite feel the way you've framed it. My personal feeling is that Marcus is a good enough QB to win with. I think we can win a Superbowl with Mariota at QB. You may

On 10/15/2018 at 8:26 PM, ap24786 said:

Also that changes the narrative of the whole game tbh. Even if we lose we wouldn't get so many overreactions such as "Mariota is destroying the franchise." Not saying Mariota's playing well but it sucks that these bad luck plays keep happening. 

Ya, I know I was quick to jump on the Evans looks like most of the kids playing little League soccer band wagon. (Didn't see thia game he doing any better?) But it is almost to the poiny that we need a 24 hour ban on new threads after games. Just make the pregame, game, anf post game thread and give everyone a little timeto process stuff.

1 hour ago, JoelinBellevue said:

You a Titans fan or a Mariota fan? I dont give a rat's ass what he does. I want a SB win.

Mariota plays for the Titans. Trust me, my allegiance is to the Titans. If Mariota goes to another team, he no longer has my support. As much as I was a Steve fan, I was done with him when he played for the ratbirds.

1 minute ago, JoelinBellevue said:

Stop the stupid rah rah about the Chiefs game. If he had played well we would have had more than 3 points at halftime. In fact, most of his comebacks were due to bad first half play. We scored 3 against the Eagles before the comeback. Don't you see this as a disturbing pattern?

Go back to that thread if you want to rehash the Chiefs game.  We went through this before the season.

4 hours ago, scine09 said:

They got to the 2nd round of the playoffs with him with bad coaching and probably a middle of the pack roster.  So yeah you can get to and win the SB with him.  Plus he's shown that he plays very well in big situations.

Jags got to title game and should have won it, how do you feel about Bortles? Dilfer won it, how about him? 

lol @ him winning the SB

Hes got 17 TDs in the Titans last 24 games 

Some of us were wondering about the lack of shorter routes vs. the defense the ravens deployed.  Well this is pretty interesting considering Lafluer has been influenced by McVeigh.

Check out @JoshNorris’s Tweet:

The exclusion of the quick game may work for Goff, but I'm not so sure it is the best thing for Marcus. Lafluer needs to adjust to help Marcus.

2 hours ago, BeedoeLaw said:

Some of us were wondering about the lack of shorter routes vs. the defense the ravens deployed.  Well this is pretty interesting considering Lafluer has been influenced by McVeigh.

The exclusion of the quick game may work for Goff, but I'm not so sure it is the best thing for Marcus. Lafluer needs to adjust to help Marcus.

It works for Goff because he has Gurley. 

Again... LaFluer worked for McVay last year but he's really from the shanny tree. Too many are quick to assume he's a McVay clone which isn't the case at all.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_LaFleur

back on topic. I have no clue why anyone thinks the ref impacted the missed Taylor throw. 

Edited by oldschool

2 hours ago, BeedoeLaw said:

Yep. Said it in the other thread. I don’t mind the scheme at all when teams are playing rush four zone coverage. It’s an absolute disaster when they play anything resembling the Ravens scheme, especially if they’re talented like Buffalo. 

Buffalo was playing a ton of rush four pattern match with a LB spying both MM and Lewis. If Marcus stays in and Lewis goes out then the LB follows Lewis. It ended with the same result because they were gettin pressure with four before routes could develop. As I’ve noted several times the past two weeks there has to be something to relieve the pressure, and the screen game isn’t cutting it. 

2 hours ago, oldschool said:

I have no clue why anyone thinks the ref impacted the missed Taylor throw. 

actually watch it and its pretty damn clear. ..

watch it in slo mo...

crap man, the head ref of the league admitted he got in the way. 

its not like they bumped but TT changes the angle of his last 5 steps and its pretty damn obvious.

2 hours ago, oldschool said:

Again... LaFluer worked for McVay last year but he's really from the shanny tree. Too many are quick to assume he's a McVay clone which isn't the case at all.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_LaFleur

back on topic. I have no clue why anyone thinks the ref impacted the missed Taylor throw. 

McVay worked for shanny in Washington at the same time Lafluer did for 3 years (2010-2013). They likely shared ideas. That previous relationship is why I'd say McVay hired him as OC when he took the rams job.

47 minutes ago, BeedoeLaw said:

McVay worked for shanny in Washington at the same time Lafluer did for 3 years (2010-2013). They likely shared ideas. That previous relationship is why I'd say McVay hired him as OC when he took the rams job.

Of course but the point remains he's not a McVay disciple. He worked for Shanny Jr in Atlanta as well. 

29 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Of course but the point remains he's not a McVay disciple. He worked for Shanny Jr in Atlanta as well. 

McVay is a Shanny disciple as well, so they will, more than likely, run very similar schemes. That is all I'm saying.

Edited by BeedoeLaw

4 hours ago, oldschool said:

I didn’t want to seem like a hater plus I don’t think it’s a big deal but i thought the ref got out of the way