Maroita is killing the franchise

OILERMAN

1 hour ago, tgo said:

Not sure LaFleur is much of a shotgun guy. 

So we have some supposed offensive guru that wants to fit the guys available into his scheme and not adjust?

We honestly just need to figure out how to get the run game going because the passing game is absolute shit without any other threat to rely on, every single team we face's goal is to stop the run and have Marcus beat them... The problem is, the passing game simply can't do that well enough to be a good team. We will win some games, but sure as fuck won't be any threat to anyone.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You've said for the last two years he's a running QB and he can't play from the pocket. You said they brought in Fowler so they could run Marcus more.   You've said a lot of stupid shit

BUT HE IS KILLING THE FRANCHIZE

He's been consistently inconsistent his entire career. He shows flashes of elite play sandwiched between mediocrity and downright bad play. He's arguably the worst kind of QB you can have because he'l

Posted Images

1 minute ago, wiscotitansfan said:

So we have some supposed offensive guru that wants to fit the guys available into his scheme and not adjust?

Well, the scheme is kind of predicated on play action under center, and it fits Mariota who is actually better under center. So that's who the scheme needs to be catered to. 

Just now, tgo said:

Well, the scheme is kind of predicated on play action under center, and it fits Mariota who is actually better under center. So that's who the scheme needs to be catered to. 

I edited my post to include that, I was just pointing out the irony of saying that Lafluer isn't a shotgun guy while everyone bitched about the last staff for being unable to adjust their gameplan ever

1 minute ago, wiscotitansfan said:

I edited my post to include that, I was just pointing out the irony of saying that Lafluer isn't a shotgun guy while everyone bitched about the last staff for being unable to adjust their gameplan ever

Oh haha, yeah. It's quite amusing. 

The guards suck ass.  Bot need replaced. Ben Jones is also replaceable but not as a priority as the guards.  It's a case of blitz the middle we'll get in and leaving mariota to leave the pocket. 

Now not saying mariota is not to blame but he's a good scrambler and such an inconsistent passer and in  this NFL we need the opposite. 

9 minutes ago, scine09 said:

That's sort of where I am.  There's been a small group of extremely vocal people who whenever Mariota has a bad game come out and act like every week is bad and basically quote everything you say.  It's very tiring to have these arguments.  I have my opinions on Mariota, they're not changing, but it's not an easy thing to have to defend every single thing he does, particularly when the comments are absurd, like people who think he can't operate from the pocket or has a weak arm.  But this is where we are as fans.  Hopefully he can have a game to shut these people up, at least temporarily, because they'll never shut up for good.

This along with the framing that disagreeing with them automatically makes you a stupid homer also plays a part in it. It shuts down debate before it starts by poisoning the well and putting you on the defensive. It's a great strategy for brow-beating people into agreeing with you but a shitty one if you seek reasoned dialogue. I agree that it's up to Marcus to shut people up and right now he's not doing that. I'm defending Marcus right now not because I think he's great but because some of the reasons for why people are killing him are stupid. However, I said before this season that this was a make or break season for Marcus and even though I agree he's had some bad breaks, ultimately he's either going to have to rise above the current or get washed away by it. Right now he's just holding on to a log. We'll see how it all plays out. 

2 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

This along with the framing that disagreeing with them automatically makes you a stupid homer also plays a part in it. It shuts down debate before it starts by poisoning the well and putting you on the defensive. It's a great strategy for brow-beating people into agreeing with you but a shitty one if you seek reasoned dialogue. I agree that it's up to Marcus to shut people up and right now he's not doing that. I'm defending Marcus right now not because I think he's great but because some of the reasons for why people are killing him are stupid. However, I said before this season that this was a make or break season for Marcus and even though I agree he's had some bad breaks, ultimately he's either going to have to rise above the current or get washed away by it. Right now he's just holding on to a log. We'll see how it all plays out. 

I think regardless of what happens it'll be about how he finishes the season.  It sucks now but if he finishes well no one is going to care about the Baltimore game.  They'll look at it as a guy who "finally gets it" even if in truth maybe he always got it.  And if he he has a lot of games like last week and finishes poorly, well the offseason will be rough.  And certain posters who know who they are will be all over the board.

Did you notice by the way that the board was quieter the week after the Philly game?  I wonder why...

1 minute ago, scine09 said:

I think regardless of what happens it'll be about how he finishes the season.  It sucks now but if he finishes well no one is going to care about the Baltimore game.  They'll look at it as a guy who "finally gets it" even if in truth maybe he always got it.  And if he he has a lot of games like last week and finishes poorly, well the offseason will be rough.  And certain posters who know who they are will be all over the board.

Did you notice by the way that the board was quieter the week after the Philly game?  I wonder why...

The board is always quieter when we win in general because there's less angry fans needing to complain. And to be fair some of those posters such as Number 9 and Joel (at times) will actually defend Marcus a bit when we win. For them it's all about wins and losses and they get emotionally swayed one way or the other based on the outcome. 

8 minutes ago, ap24786 said:

The board is always quieter when we win in general because there's less angry fans needing to complain. And to be fair some of those posters such as Number 9 and Joel (at times) will actually defend Marcus a bit when we win. For them it's all about wins and losses and they get emotionally swayed one way or the other based on the outcome. 

Joel today said that if Mariota can't play as well as Rodgers he should be cut.  He's nuts.

But in general when people are happy they don't come on here to bitch.  And the people who don't want the Titans to win don't come here because what are they going to say?

I would have no problem dumping Mariota for Stidham or Herbert in 2019. I would also be fine with Mariota realizing his potential and dominating. Either way, since McNair has been gone QB has been a question and I’m ready for it to be settled.

12 minutes ago, AvgJoe said:

I would have no problem dumping Mariota for Stidham or Herbert in 2019. I would also be fine with Mariota realizing his potential and dominating. Either way, since McNair has been gone QB has been a question and I’m ready for it to be settled.

Yes because Stidham or Herbert, who are worse than Mariota, are gonna make magical throws to guys who have little or no space.