Maroita is killing the franchise

OILERMAN

6 minutes ago, Face said:

Look at the numbers I posted just now in this thread, this game was an aberration. If anything he routinely makes his OL look better with s quick release & play when pressured.

The coaches do this with the game plan and play calls. Last year vs NE and Sunday because of the score and defense he was forced to work from the pocket and got sacked 19 times and looked clueless 

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You've said for the last two years he's a running QB and he can't play from the pocket. You said they brought in Fowler so they could run Marcus more.   You've said a lot of stupid shit

BUT HE IS KILLING THE FRANCHIZE

He's been consistently inconsistent his entire career. He shows flashes of elite play sandwiched between mediocrity and downright bad play. He's arguably the worst kind of QB you can have because he'l

Posted Images

12 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

The coaches do this with the game plan and play calls. Last year vs NE and Sunday because of the score and defense he was forced to work from the pocket and got sacked 19 times and looked clueless 

Do you know how many times in Mariota's career, including the playoffs, he's been behind by more than 1 score only to take the team back either to win or at least take the lead?  Many of this in the 2nd half.  Here's a hint: It's 13.  And in all but one of those games he was heavily involved in the comeback by throwing the ball.  

Not only that, but of those 13 games, he's brought the team back from deficits of 14 or more (which means he has to get the team at least 2 TDs plus a FG to get the lead or win the game).  6.

How do you come back from big deficits?  You pass the ball.

It's just such nonsense that he can't pass from the pocket.  And it's been proven time and time again in these large deficit situations.

Of course he's not going to succeed every time.  But how many times has a team led by Mariota even lost by more than 1 score?  It hasn't happened very often.  The answer is 10.  And he didn't finish the game in 3 of those due to injury.  And 5 of those 10 came as a rookie.  

Edited by scine09

5 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Except he was sacked twice on the first drive before the Ravens scored, once right after the Ravens  scored, and then twice on the next drive after the Evans scored.  He was sacked 5 times by the middle of the 2nd qtr. 

Like I said, I have no problem criticizing the guys play. But when the guy has only been sacked 33 times since last year, on 670 snaps, I think it's a bit much to put this all on him.

12 minutes ago, Face said:

Like I wrote yesterday, this was the mot disturbing game I've ever seen . But I meant that for what entire offensive unit, especially the OL. But the piling on of the QB & talk of him being done is pure panic & frustration. This game was a total outlier, his % sacked is very low the last 2 years. 

How do you explain Henry's YPC dropping a full yard & Lewis TWO full yards?

No one is arguing, besides a few, that Mariota is the only problem. He’s not. The point is it is all compounding and you can see how much of an effect it is having on Marcus. He looked like a wounded deer all four quarters. 

5 minutes ago, Face said:

Like I wrote yesterday, this was the mot disturbing game I've ever seen . But I meant that for what entire offensive unit, especially the OL. But the piling on of the QB & talk of him being done is pure panic & frustration. This game was a total outlier, his % sacked is very low the last 2 years. 

How do you explain Henry's YPC dropping a full yard & Lewis TWO full yards?

This is the easiest time you will ever have to quit trying to defend bad QB play.  Everybody on the board is admitting it now or either hiding.  If you just look at Mariota, 2018 in comparison to how the average QB looks, you can see it.  He's not passing the eye test.  Then if you look at his production stats that the NFL carries, he just doesn't measure up.  Now, you can go find some stats that make a point.  But those stats don't exemplify the way the QB has played like TDs, yardage, interceptions, completion percentage, average yards per pass.  When you look at those stats they tell a story of how a QB actually plays.

23 minutes ago, Face said:

See I think that analysis was completely lazy & off. He looked nothing like a typical spread QB coming out. He ran Ken Whisenhunts super complex offense & mostly looked pretty damn good doing it, with a HORRIBLE cast around him.

This wasn't a Manziel situation or a Kaepernick deal when he lucked out landing on a team with a totally dominant defense & running game, making things easy on him.

Look at the numbers I posted just now in this thread, this game was an aberration. If anything he routinely makes his OL look better with s quick release & play when pressured.

Keep on mind this is also the same OL blocking for 2 backs who've totally fallen off. Did they both forget how to run the ball?

I thought so at the time then it appeared he was nothing like any of those things his first season. Now I'm actually wondering if he was hidden by the last staff. Also, good qb's don't have valleys like the one we saw yesterday. turnovers are one thing, even good QBs have bad INTs. Looking shell shocked and being afraid to throw or stand in the pocket? Thats something else entirely.

5 hours ago, Number9 said:

The national media is trying to make money.  They are not wasting time talking about Mariota.  Last night, Deion just said "his hand is hurt."  They are not concerned about the Titans.  They have already written him off.  If Titans fans want to come up with all kind of crazy ideas why he's the answer, they just laugh.

wtf "his hand is hurt".. deion shucking and jiving i see

last year winston had a friggin torm labrum and still led the nfl in 300 yard games only to be let down by a shit defense. And the media killed winston

@scine09 the comebacks are overstated. He had the ball in his hand with 2:00 or so against the Rams, SF and Cards and it was embarrassing. Besides that he’s played well in stretches and has passed the ball well. The issue is he rarely sustains it and he’s doing it less, likely from DCs figuring him out. 

Oilerman can continue to give me a thumbs down but he can't argue the actual facts that have been proven time and time again that Mariota can bring his team back from big deficits by throwing the ball.

14 points against the Colts (2015)

11 points against the Saints (2015)

11 points against the Raiders (2015)

12 points against the Lions (2016)

14 points against the Colts (2016)

16 points against the Chargers (2016)

14 points against the Chiefs (2016)

10 points against the Colts (2017)

10 points again against the Colts (2017) and this is the game that he did nothing to bring them back

10 points against the Texans (2017)

13 points against the 49ers (2017)

18 points against the Chiefs (2017)

14 points against the Eagles (2018)

And I know they didn't win all these games, that's not the point.

People who can't throw from the pocket don't have as many comebacks from multiple scores down as Mariota's had.

4 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

@scine09 the comebacks are overstated. He had the ball in his hand with 2:00 or so against the Rams, SF and Cards and it was embarrassing. Besides that he’s played well in stretches and has passed the ball well. The issue is he rarely sustains it and he’s doing it less, likely from DCs figuring him out. 

I'm in agreement that he's inconsistent.

He's had a lot of comebacks from multiple scores down. 

Embarrassing?  Because he missed a guy on 4th down against the Rams?  He left the field with the lead against the 49ers and would have won if his coach had a clue about clock management.

I would venture to guess that since 2015 Mariota is at or near the top of the league in coming from multiple scores down to give his team the lead.  Again, that doesn't happen if you can't pass.

Edited by scine09

9 minutes ago, AFCSouthRox said:

wtf "his hand is hurt".. deion shucking and jiving i see

last year winston had a friggin torm labrum and still led the nfl in 300 yard games only to be let down by a shit defense. And the media killed winston

Dude, stop with this narrative. Winston does get probably more flack than he deserves lately but he's also second behind Blake Bortles in turnovers since he's been in the league. And he has probably the best or second best (after KC) receiving corps in the league. Ryan Fitzpatrick had 1300 yards and 11 TD in 3 games on that team. They're a pass happy offense with great receivers playing in shootouts in the NFC South. I'm not saying he's bad but Winston gets a lot of media attention because of his off the field antics, not because the media is picking on him. 

6 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

I get that people were probably too high after the Eagles game 

The Eagles game could had meant something relevant or good if the team had showed consistency against Buffalo, yet they didn't. And against Baltimore the team simply imploded. Nothing worked.

And what it's worst the team quitted. This goes along players quitting or not believing in the coaching staff. This also goes hand in hand with Mariota not showing any type of mental strength. After Taylo's no-catch, Mariota simply deflated himself. Deep passes had been abscent..and that's the reason they brought Davis in?

During the preseason Taylor showed brutal speed and reflexes. Hungry for heaven attributes, but this goes way back to preseason, since the team preferred not to play the starters. The starters did enough to go 3-1. But the two recent games were hideous as they can get,

And I'll repeat, against Baltimore, Tennessee imploded. Nothing worked right, desire was abcent at O and D.
And on paper things looked better, specially after ending a 2017 playoff season.