Maroita is killing the franchise

OILERMAN

The fact that he's not consistently accurate, including ones he does complete, is a huge reason why the short and intermediate passing game sucks.  Add in that for some reason he cannot throw effectively to his right and that he doesn't appear to process reads decisively, it's a recipe for inconsistency and frustration.  His hesitation and fear of throwing interceptions also is a real issue and the coaches this year already made some veiled comments about him needing to be more decisive and trust his reads.

It's year 4.  It is what it is.  People get mad about the comparison but he's basically a slightly better version of Jake Locker.  He's incapable of running the offense that LaFluer wants to run at least at this point.

It's possible that his injury is hindering his play but at the same time it's hard to reconcile with how bad he looked prior to it and the Philly game albeit his play in that game was more uneven that the stats showed.

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You've said for the last two years he's a running QB and he can't play from the pocket. You said they brought in Fowler so they could run Marcus more.   You've said a lot of stupid shit

BUT HE IS KILLING THE FRANCHIZE

He's been consistently inconsistent his entire career. He shows flashes of elite play sandwiched between mediocrity and downright bad play. He's arguably the worst kind of QB you can have because he'l

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, TeamRamrod27 said:

@NashvilleNinja asked me if I was “fucking high” when I said “Mariota isn’t making things easy on the OL” lol 

As if the issue was that simple and I was just blind. 

Once again though, obviously the offensive line had a bad day as well. Just got sick of the entire blame going on them during the game.

The blame is rarely on one guy or group. Mariota probably held onto the ball too long in at least a couple instances, the line just blew chunks/assignments, receivers were wearing defenders like capes some and weren't any kind of open, and it's likely all of those happened on the same play once or twice.

Yet... Mariota is killing the franchise? I get it... big time QBs rise above and carry teams. But even big time QBs get help. Who's helping Mariota right now?

6 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

The fact that he's not consistently accurate, including ones he does complete, is a huge reason why the short and intermediate passing game sucks.  Add in that for some reason he cannot throw effectively to his right and that he doesn't appear to process reads decisively, it's a recipe for inconsistency and frustration.  His hesitation and fear of throwing interceptions also is a real issue and the coaches this year already made some veiled comments about him needing to be more decisive and trust his reads.

It's year 4.  It is what it is.  People get mad about the comparison but he's basically a slightly better version of Jake Locker.  He's incapable of running the offense that LaFluer wants to run at least at this point.

It's possible that his injury is hindering his play but at the same time it's hard to reconcile with how bad he looked prior to it and the Philly game albeit his play in that game was more uneven that the stats showed.

Actually the stats showed the entire picture. He played very well outside of one interception. In fact, he would have had even better stats if it wasn't for the Jennings drop in OT. Your personal feelings of him being a gimmick QB is interfering with your ability to be objective when he plays well.

3 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

The blame is rarely on one guy or group. Mariota probably held onto the ball too long in at least a couple instances, the line just blew chunks/assignments, receivers were wearing defenders like capes some and weren't any kind of open, and it's likely all of those happened on the same play once or twice.

Yet... Mariota is killing the franchise? I get it... big time QBs rise above and carry teams. But even big time QBs get help. Who's helping Mariota right now?

I’m not in the Mariota is Ruining the franchise camp. Was just putting the info out there.

Marcus sucks, running game sucks, receivers suck. This all starts with the O line. This is not the dominant O line of years past. 11 sacks is absolute bullshit. A running back with 23 yards for the day is bullshit. Our offense sucks, and the O line has regressed to become a complete shit show the last few weeks. The O line is a complete fucking joke right now.

3 hours ago, AvgJoe said:

I noticed this one as well rewatching all the sacks. The line was getting dominated. When that happens you have to hit your back foot and release. If it gets picked off or you make a bad pass so be it. You simply cannot keep holding onto the ball. Lewis is WIDE OPEN right here. 

1 minute ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I noticed this one as well rewatching all the sacks. The line was getting dominated. When that happens you have to hit your back foot and release. If it gets picked off or you make a bad pass so be it. You simply cannot keep holding onto the ball. Lewis is WIDE OPEN right here. 

It's 3rd and 18 and he may have been looking to find someone downfield until the very end but I get your point. Mariota definitely did miss some chances that were solely on him. 

Just now, ap24786 said:

It's 3rd and 18 and he may have been looking to find someone downfield until the very end but I get your point. Mariota definitely did miss some chances that were solely on him. 

Lewis had more of a chance than taking a sack.  

4 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I suspect we'll see a lot of this when the all-22 is released

9 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Mariota is 8 yards behind the LOS.

NO ONE except Lewis is less than 5 yards behind the LOS, and even he is 3-1/2 yards behind it.

It's 3rd and 18 and we have no idea where the secondary is lurking in that shot.

That's not where I'd go if I'm looking for a 1st down on 3rd & 18.