The passing game/Mariota

OILERMAN

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please. You arent using real data to see where it takes you. You are starting from a conclusion and cherry picking data to support it. The Williams INT is a perfect example of this.

You made no comment on Mariotas play after last week but have this thread up first thing in the morningĀ 

Not this bullshit 1 read crap again...

Posted Images

1 hour ago, MemphisTitan said:

Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Trust me, I watch GB. I'm not going off just stats.

Ā 

If Davis was better than Adams, he should be making Mariota better, not the other way around. He has done that for maybe 3 games in his short career so far.Ā 

Did you watch Adams in his second year?Ā  He was atrocious.Ā  I think PFF ranked him next to last in the league at his position.Ā  Adams is certainly more polished in his 5th year, but Davis being able to play at that level in his second year with crummy QB play says a lot about him and what he could do.

Ā 

You can't seriously compare the production and presence of a Rodgers receiver to that of a guy who has led some of the worst passing offenses every year.Ā  Rodgers was tearing it up before Adams, and Mariota was throwing for under 3.5k yards before Davis.Ā  There is a correlation

Did you watch Adams in his second year?Ā  He was atrocious.Ā  I think PFF ranked him next to last in the league at his position.Ā  Adams is certainly more polished in his 5th year, but Davis being able to play at that level in his second year with crummy QB play says a lot about him and what he could do.

Ā 

You can't seriously compare the production and presence of a Rodgers receiver to that of a guy who has led some of the worst passing offenses every year.Ā  Rodgers was tearing it up before Adams, and Mariota was throwing for under 3.5k yards before Davis.Ā  There is a correlation

2 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Did I say that? Uhhmm nope. Same ppl who claimed to have watched Lonzo said he's a bust just because he shot poorly. So I guess ppl who watch someone cant have a biased opinion. Imagine that. Obviously no one in here has a biased opinion towards Davis....

Not arguing hypotheticals.Ā 

Ā 

Brady was better with Moss. But did they win?

Ā 

Mariota was better under Mularkey. But yall say LaFleur is leaps and bounds better, huh?

Ā 

Next?

What does ANY of that gibberish have to do with CD being more talented than Adams?

Ā 

Your Moss reference is ridiculous and retarded at best too, the Pats were MUCH MUCH better with Moss than without him. Just because they didn't win the Superbowl that year doesn't make that statement false.

Ā 

4 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

It's never going to be proven. So how can you use that as an argument?

Got it. So stats is literally the only argument to prove a guy's talent LOL\

Ā 

4 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Bet you argue it. Bet you say ahhh bla bla bla, hypothetical.

Actually I would say that if he could stay on the field here and produceĀ even remotely close to what he is doing now in LA, of course TEN would be better off.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

1 minute ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Not at all.

Ā 

But the fact Davis wears a Titans jersey is the biggest reason as to why yall think he is better.

Ā 

I've seen plenty of good looking WRs with potential not amount to shit.

Ā 

So is that what you're going off? The blue jersey and the eye test?

No, the fact that I think he is a great athlete, who seems to have a good head on his shoulders and is physically capable of things that Adams is not makes me believe that he would do better than Adams if they were both put in the same vacuum.

Ā 

I think Stefon DiggsĀ is better than Adams and I'm much more biased for the Packers than the Vikings (and has never put up as good of numbers as Adams). I think Alshon Jeffery is better than Adams. A guy doesn't have to be a top 5 pick and wear a Titans jersey for me to think that he is more talented than Adams, who would still be at worst #2 on every team in the NFL.

1 minute ago, JakePA_Titan said:

So are you saying Mariota is simply that bad and holding Davis back?

Ā 

If not, why is Davis not performing to the level that you see him at?

Yes, this season so far that absolutely is the case... Mariota's one good game we aired it out (if you want to give him excuses or not that's fine), Davis balled out.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

Just now, JakePA_Titan said:

Outside of one game (IND) at least one WR has balled out (at least 110+ yards and 1 TD) against PHI.

Ā 

That secondary is beat up and have guys (like Jalen Millz) that flat out suck.

Ā 

Btw, Taylor also had his best game of the season agaisnt them.Ā 

Ā 

Hard to use that as an argument for Davis when everyone and their mom are torching the Eagles secondary.

Hard to use Adams is a stud when he has Rodgers throwing to him. Cherry picking is pretty easy.