OILERMAN

The passing game/Mariota

Soxcat   

Using QB ratings to make a point for subsets of passes in one game is lunacy.  Mariota does do well in play action generally speaking however.  In fact the whole offensive game plan looked disjointed the whole game.  We can't execute anything. 

The passing offense this week looked a lot like malarkey last year. There’s was a few all curls at 5 yards. 

Last week it wasn’t 1 read all day. This week was different. Still wasn’t 1 read but there was a few plays more. 

Edited by titanruss

2 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Using QB ratings to make a point for subsets of passes in one game is lunacy.  Mariota does do well in play action generally speaking however.  In fact the whole offensive game plan looked disjointed the whole game.  We can't execute anything. 

I don't know why any team would respect our play action. Just wasted time Mariota could use to scan the field (if he would).

I think russ may be onto something about vrabel stepping in and telling Lafleur how to run the offense yesterday. There are lots of things that can be done to offset losing a LT snd they didnt do anything.

OILERMAN   
6 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Not this bullshit 1 read crap again...

Without question, this passing game is mickey mouse 

OILERMAN   
8 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Using QB ratings to make a point for subsets of passes in one game is lunacy.  

That's why I didn't use one game, it was true for the entire 2017 season as well

OILERMAN   
3 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I think russ may be onto something about vrabel stepping in and telling Lafleur how to run the offense yesterday. There are lots of things that can be done to offset losing a LT snd they didnt do anything.

LOL @ discounting real data and clinging to pure speculation

3 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I think his head got big because of the wildcat install and the 4th down attempts.. his buddy JRob wants to use Henry more too.. and lafleur is probably not a loud enough personality for a guy like vrabel to allow to have full control. 

3 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

LOL @ discounting real data and clinging to pure speculation

Lol.. real data.