2018 AFC SOUTH Division Race

MIKE75

1 hour ago, Blackjack said:

The biggest issue here to me, just looking at the remaining schedules for the Titans and the Jaguars.  Common opponents.  The jags still get to play the Bills and the Dolphins, both teams we lost to.  While we have yet to face the Patriots (Jags beat) and we have the Chargers on our schedule and they look really solid.   At least for the Chargers they'll be playing a 6am local game. And when Jacksonville plays the Steelers week 11 Pittsburgh will likely have Bell back and their shit together. 

That's why like every year,  you need to win the winnable games.  Our loss to Miami week 1 is forgivable but the game this past week might come back to haunt us.

I see us at best 11-5 with Jacksonville 13-3.

Hope they prove me wrong.

No way in hell the jags go 13-3. I see the jags and the titans somewhere around 10-6 with the colts and texans fighting over some 7-9 bullshit

Edited by Jeff.Fisher

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lucky my ass...we beat the Texans and Jags thats why were in first

The loss was huge. So many of these divisions are determined by a game, and losing a gimmie win against a team that the rest of the division will easily beat is something you can't do. 

At worst you gotta split in the division...we have already accomplished that goal with 2 of the 3 teams.. I know we wanna do better than that but it's really nice to have beaten the Texans and ja

Yeah, the Jags aren't winning 13 games. They are a good team, but not nearly that good. They are 3-2 already, too. They are losing more than one more game. Bortles doesn't have a 10 game win streak in him. As for our record? I'd guess 9-7 right now, but will be happy if we are 10-6, and I think we'd get the division at that record. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000972621/article/watt-brothers-in-healthy-competition-for-sacks-lead

JJ and his brother TJ are tied for the sack lead.  Amazing.  The Selmon brothers were good football players, but Leroy was better than the others.  Peyton and Eli.  Four SBs, but no contest who was the best.

31 minutes ago, Alcibiades said:

Yeah, the Jags aren't winning 13 games. They are a good team, but not nearly that good. They are 3-2 already, too. They are losing more than one more game. Bortles doesn't have a 10 game win streak in him. As for our record? I'd guess 9-7 right now, but will be happy if we are 10-6, and I think we'd get the division at that record. 

Interesting we have beat them three in a row.  Titans also gave them the worst loss in Jag history.  I don't think they have as good a chance to win it all this year as last.  They figured out how to win without putting pressure on Bortles.  Come playoffs every opponent is going to try to put the game in his hands.  He had some big games last year, but he had the luxury of the lead or just playing a safe game and not turning the ball over.  When the games not on the line, he can look elite.

• 1 month later...

AFC SOUTH AS OF NOVEMBER 13, 2018.....

Texans (6-3),2-1 division

@ Redskins

Titans

Browns

Colts

@ Jets

@ Eagles

Jags

Titans (5-4),2-0 division

@ Colts

@ Texans

Jets

Jags

@ Giants

Redskins

Colts

Colts (4-5),1-1 division

Titans

Dolphins

@ Jags

@ Texans

Cowboys

Giants

@ Titans 

Jags (3-6),0-3 division

Steelers

@ Bills

Colts

@ Titans

Redskins

@ Dolphins

@ Texans 

At this point if i were an outsider looking in i would say that the division is up for grabs and literally anyone can win it between Houston,Tennessee and Indy with only Jax pretty much out of the mix at this point.........

6 minutes ago, Tex in a Can said:

I think the Texans drop one this Sunday to the Redskins.

I hope so. I have no idea how the Skins are 6-3. Their offense sucks, the OL is in tatters, and Smith is missing throws at higher clip than expected. 

Edited by oldschool

Just now, oldschool said:

I hope so. I have no idea how the Skins are 6-3. Their offense sucks, they OL is in tatters, and Smith is missing throws at higher clip than expected. 

The games I've watched their D is quite good, despite being gashed by an amazing Atlanta offensive game (Ryan was on fire). Peterson is running well and the offense is OK with Smith. I think they match up well with the Texans, wouldn't be surprised if Watson is picked more than once.

The Jags are in disarray, but it's still too close to completely count them out. Everyone was counting the Colts out just a few weeks ago. 

Call me a homer, but I like our chances. Even if we win just 1 of the next 2, I think we're in a decent spot. Then you have to take care of business at home against the Jets, hopefully beat the Jags, and beat a bad Giants team. That would put us at 9-5 with home games remaining against the Redskins and Colts. 

Would 10-6 get it done? 

7 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

The Jags are in disarray, but it's still too close to completely count them out. Everyone was counting the Colts out just a few weeks ago. 

Call me a homer, but I like our chances. Even if we win just 1 of the next 2, I think we're in a decent spot. Then you have to take care of business at home against the Jets, hopefully beat the Jags, and beat a bad Giants team. That would put us at 9-5 with home games remaining against the Redskins and Colts. 

Would 10-6 get it done? 

10-6 should get it done pretty easily, especially if the win is against the texans

Edited by titanruss

I don't want to create a new thread for this question....

Has Delanie officially been ruled out for the rest of the year? When is the deadline to do that? I haven't seen squat recently, other than that he was walking on Oct. 30. I don't expect him back, frankly, but it would be huge if he can. Seems like I remember reading that they put him on a different list than the season-ending IR.

The last 4 games of the regular season will be do or die, and I'm holding out a little hope until I see otherwise.

Edited by kgsTitan