Jeff Fisher announces first game. Sounds dead.

Dmeade-

Even if you agree with the things that Jeff Fisher said, the way he said them makes you want to fall asleep. The Jaguars won 31-12 yesterday and I had never been so bored in my entire life. Perhaps that’s because Jeff Fisher’s voice was on my TV. Jeff Fisher, you stink.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/chicago/jeff-fisher-announced-his-first-game-yesterday-and-it-sound-like-hes-been-dead-for-weeks?_branch_match_id=565572111967926700

At the end of the first half, another Jeff Fisher moment happened. The Jaguars had the ball and it was 3rd and 14. Blake Bortles had been dealing. He was good Blake yesterday. On the play, Blake dropped back and dumped the ball underneath to Yeldon for a 4 yard gain. Jeff Fisher said, “great play by the quarterback. When it’s 3rd and long like that, you dont even want the quarterback to look downfield. Just take what the defense gives you and punt the ball away.”

Fisher in a nutshell. 

34 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I heard part of the broadcast on the RZ channel. He was terrible which is funny considering everyone assumed he would be a great announcer at everything.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2018/10/1/17922494/winners-losers-week-4-atlanta-falcons-jeff-fisher-broadcasting-baker-mayfield

Loser: Jeff Fisher

To be fair, every week is an embarrassment for Fisher. Fisher was coach of the Rams just two years ago, and he did an awful job: Fisher was fired as the Rams finished 4-12 and everybody assumed Jared Goff was an all-time draft bust. Now the Rams are Super Bowl favorites and Goff looks like one of the league’s best quarterbacks, making Fisher a retroactive fool. I spend a lot of time thinking about how much happier I would be in general if the Patriots had hired Jeff Fisher once upon a time.

But this week, Fisher made a mistake. Instead of just hanging out in whatever house he bought with the millions upon millions of dollars he made coaching bad-to-mediocre football teams, he decided to try his hand at a new job.

At first, I didn’t know that Fisher was the guy calling Sunday’s game between the Jets and Jaguars. I just assumed the regular color commentator had been struck by a tranquilizer dart just before kickoff. I wasn’t the only one bewildered by the guy calling a football game who didn’t seem to think football was particularly interesting.

Follow the link for a series of tweets.  

Jeff Fisher was one of the best coaches in the NFL, starting in 1998.  He rose up, won and got burned out.  I believed he should have won COY at least once during this time period.  Sometime around when he and Reese split up he quit giving a shit and rode his pass success.  He never had the same energy and entshuasisn for the sport.

36 minutes ago, JoelinBellevue said:

Adams broke him by forcing VY up his ass. He lost it after that.

Fisher lost it when he powerplayed his big contract into defacto GM, forcing Reese out.  Guy was a disaster at personnel.

Archived