Titans Sign QB Austin Davis; Pamphile to IR

Jonboy

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm pretty sure Fitzpatrick, Collins, Hasselbeck were pretty good backup quarterbacks. 

Another Fisher castoff.  Does this mean he'll win the Super Bowl too?  Or at least lead his team to a division title?   To be honest I think I prefer Davis to Gabbert.  I thought Davis was f

Glad you're not GM then.

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

You can't get worse than Gabbert IMO.  Our OC could put together a game plan where the kid could have some success. 

Davis did play half a season with the Rams and starting 8 games where he had 2000 yards, an 85 Qb rating and hit on 63% of his passes.

That is a stratosphere Gabbert could only dream of.

21 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Another Fisher castoff.  Does this mean he'll win the Super Bowl too?  Or at least lead his team to a division title?

To be honest I think I prefer Davis to Gabbert.  I thought Davis was fairly decent when he was in St. Louis.

Really weird that Pamphile goes to IR after playing the whole game. I assume we’ll get an explanation later today or tomorrow.  

Either way, it’s another blow to an O-line that’s already shorthanded due to injuries. I believe Pamphile was essentially the swing player who offered depth at both OG and OT.   Every team can use a guy like that on the roster ...sucks losing him.

14 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Pahmphile to IR.

I don't even remember him getting hurt against Jax?

Probably to the short-term IR in case he is needed again.  I wonder if this is discussed with him since it limits his exposure and playing time (assuming the injury is a ruse to keep him a Titan).  Or, he could be thankful for this situation as he could be dealing with an actual injury and now can get healthy while getting paid.