Mariota, Conklin unknown, Kelly + Fluellen out, Lewan Starting. Update 9/21

kyle021

Saw it in another thread but thought it deserved its own. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/18/marcus-mariota-probably-better-than-he-was-over-the-weekend/

I really think we held him out this last week due to us having to start our 4 and 5th string OTs against a stout front led by Watt, Mercilus and Reader. 

Vrable then said he could wake up just fine anyday or it could be a slow recovery. 

Then tonight he says Marcus was better today than he was all last weekend which to me says Marcus will play bc if he is better than he was this last weekend when he was healthy enough to play... then I can assume he was able to grip a ball today and throw it like normal and he gets the return of his LT and backup RT and hopefully if all goes well our Star RT. 

Lewan was practicing. That’s promising. I expect him to be cleared by Friday. 

Conklin has been doing individual stuff for a few weeks and is progressing so that’s promising. 

I can see Kelly starting RT and Conklin being the primary backup similar to Gabbert starting and Mariota being primary backup. 

I wouldn’t be shocked to see some 6 man OL looks with Kelly as a “TE” or eligible receiver but stays in to block and Conklin gets 10-15 snaps in those packages. 

That may may be a big key to jumpstart the run game and protect MM

Edited by Kyle021

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mariota is a 24yr old Heisman winning world class athlete with access to an NFL training facility, NFL trainers and the best private personal trainers.   I'm a 47yr old mailman who works 50-

There seems to be a growing sentiment for “anyone but Mariota”, with people assuming that surely any qualified QB candidate would be an upgrade.   I would remind everyone that the Titans had

This is the truth right here & something I meant to mention before. Somehow now I feel like the crazy Mariota defender but I've been much more critical of him in the past then most. I tore into hi

This is great news if all true. We need mm this week. 

Ill beleive marcus is available when I see it. We have a big advantage of not letting the jags know who will play. 

Getting conklin back back would be great as well but yeah, i think he’ll only play in emergency situations 

4 minutes ago, titanruss said:

This is great news if all true. We need mm this week. 

Ill beleive marcus is available when I see it. We have a big advantage of not letting the jags know who will play. 

Getting conklin back back would be great as well but yeah, i think he’ll only play in emergency situations 

I’m betting that MM starts and plays fine Sunday and pulls out a W

This offense is designed to attack defenses like Jacksonville and Mariota has been a thorn in that defenses side since he came into the league. Even on a bum hamstring, horrible scheme and no run game he still beat them. 

Now he has had a good pair of RBs. A scheme that’s tailored for him and Davis looks like a dominant type WR out there. 

Davis vs Ramsey should be fun to watch. It helps that Ramsey isn’t 100% 

9 minutes ago, Kyle021 said:

I’m betting that MM starts and plays fine Sunday and pulls out a W

This offense is designed to attack defenses like Jacksonville and Mariota has been a thorn in that defenses side since he came into the league. Even on a bum hamstring, horrible scheme and no run game he still beat them. 

Now he has had a good pair of RBs. A scheme that’s tailored for him and Davis looks like a dominant type WR out there. 

Davis vs Ramsey should be fun to watch. It helps that Ramsey isn’t 100% 

This is a sharpe/ TT / jonnu / RB game. 

Davis and Matthews will be nullified imo

Every play they are in man id almost want to just run their CBs out of the play deep to make the underneath passes and to tire them out. 

21 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

I think if Mariota plays he’ll have a hard time. The Jags are a great D, he’s still adapting to a new offense, the injury won’t be full healed, and he’ll have missed two weeks of practice. 

Hes practiced but was limited. 

5 minutes ago, 8MM said:

I was right last week that he wasn't going to play and I don't think he's going to play this week.  I hope I'm wrong though.

I don’t think he’ll play either. 

A wierd possible / hopeful positive i was I was thinking earlier today. .. with the injury he hasn’t been able to put much zip on the ball.

He’s still practiced some.

Still had to find the open man and the timing and had to deliver it. .. but had to do so with limited ball speed. 

If he can deliver them on time but with the limited speed in practice, it means he is forced to process faster and make decisions even faster. 

When the arm returns fully to normal, then he could be a step quicker. 

Its a stretch but it’s my hope hahah.