AussieTitanFan08

Schefter reporting Titans still undecided who will start tomorrow, Mariota still can't grip the ball normally

OzTitan   

Sounds like it will be Gabbert for most of the game to me.

Is this an injury that could likely get worse? if not, I guess there's no harm trying to get MM going but expect he'll struggle. Probably still a better plan than Gabbert all the way.

Going to be an ugly one.

Jonboy   
2 minutes ago, KingTitan8 said:

I don’t understand why we wouldn’t bring up a 3rd QB. It makes no sense 

This. 

Seems like a massive blunder given what Schefter is reporting. 

Stan17   

Or maybe its just a smokescreen to try and make Houston prepare for two QBs.  Although, not really sure what'd you would have to prepare for with Gabbert.  Maybe deviating from the receiver, can intercept all of the short and overthrows he loves to make.

14 minutes ago, KingTitan8 said:

I don’t understand why we wouldn’t bring up a 3rd QB. It makes no sense 

10 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

This. 

Seems like a massive blunder given what Schefter is reporting. 

There's only one reason, and it probably carries an addendum.

There's only one QB with a sound grasp of the playbook.  Falk is gone, and he's the only other one besides Marcus and Gabbert that had the playbook since OTAs.

There's only one QB that can read the pre-snap defensive alignments and change into a playcall with a good chance of succeeding.

It's a new system, and not everyone has it down yet.  But I'll wager he does.

He's changed to the right run plays in the past, and he can (hopefully) still grip the ball well enough to make the handoff.

If Gabbert struggles, and they call on him, expect Marcus to operate a very run-heavy offense tomorrow.

19 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

There's only one reason, and it probably carries an addendum.

There's only one QB with a sound grasp of the playbook.  Falk is gone, and he's the only other one besides Marcus and Gabbert that had the playbook since OTAs.

There's only one QB that can read the pre-snap defensive alignments and change into a playcall with a good chance of succeeding.

It's a new system, and not everyone has it down yet.  But I'll wager he does.

He's changed to the right run plays in the past, and he can (hopefully) still grip the ball well enough to make the handoff.

If Gabbert struggles, and they call on him, expect Marcus to operate a very run-heavy offense tomorrow.

Very sound reasoning.

And hell, if we do lose both throughout the game.

Lewis, Adoree, Henry, Taylor.

If the wildcat can work, I bet these guys could get it done. I mean, at that point what do we have to lose?

Question....

Do the greats let this keep them out of the game?

0-1

Chances at playoffs starting 0-2 are crap

Not to mention JAX and PHI being the next 2

Clearly the best QB on the team

Favre

Brady

Rodgers

Roethlisberger

Manning, either one.

Do they sit this game out? Nerve damage. So he has a numbness/tingling in his hand?

So when outsiders question whether he is a leader or not, this situation is a big part of what being a leader is about. No?

I really hope for Mariotas benefit this actually is some stunt by Vrabel and he is good, or at least figured out how to play with the.....discomfort...

If Mariota’s grip is the same as it was on his two picks against Miami we are in trouble lol.

My hope is Gabbert plays the whole game and when he probably sucks at least all the posters acting like he is the future should shut up! 🤫