Paul Manafort Enters Cooperation Agreement in Mueller Probe

TitansGuru

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hillary is guilty of being a flip flopping politician with a bad personality    Trump is a lying, money laundering, treasonous traitor willing to sell out the country to line his own pockets

I'll admit, when I saw this thread title ... it moved ...

Posted Images

Two days ago:

The prospect of former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort cutting a plea deal with special counsel Robert Mueller's office to avoid a second criminal trial set to open next week doesn't concern President Donald Trump or his legal team, Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani told POLITICO.

"From our perspective, we want him to do the right thing for himself," the former New York mayor and U.S. attorney said. “There’s no fear that Paul Manafort would cooperate against the president because there’s nothing to cooperate about and we long ago evaluated him as an honorable man.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/13/giuliani-trump-manafort-plea-bargain-821797

So, Rudy....did Mueller just give Manafort a free pass and get nothing in return?  Is that your story now?

4 minutes ago, ctm said:

Two days ago:

The prospect of former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort cutting a plea deal with special counsel Robert Mueller's office to avoid a second criminal trial set to open next week doesn't concern President Donald Trump or his legal team, Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani told POLITICO.

"From our perspective, we want him to do the right thing for himself," the former New York mayor and U.S. attorney said. “There’s no fear that Paul Manafort would cooperate against the president because there’s nothing to cooperate about and we long ago evaluated him as an honorable man.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/13/giuliani-trump-manafort-plea-bargain-821797

So, Rudy....did Mueller just give Manafort a free pass and get nothing in return?  Is that your story now?

I mean to play devil's advocate it could mean it leads to other things in the investigation but it doesn't implicate Trump specifically.

5 minutes ago, big2033 said:

I mean to play devil's advocate it could mean it leads to other things in the investigation but it doesn't implicate Trump specifically.

Mueller already has the cooperation of Manafort's deputy, Rick Gates.  So Mueller must have gotten something from Manafort that he couldn't get from Gates or there was no reason for Mueller to do the deal.  The first thing that comes to mind is that Manafort was at the Trump tower meeting, Gates wasn't.

15 minutes ago, Omar said:

Good thing they are on record saying how truthful and honorable he is..how will they try and discredit him now?

In May, Giuliani called Cohen "an honest, honorable lawyer". By July, he was calling Cohen a "pathological liar who has been lying for years". Trump and Giuliani don't care what's on the record. Their truth is whatever is convenient for the moment.

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-giuliani-flip-flop-michael-cohen-loyal-good-person-pathological-liar-e23d67abbb1f/

I am not sure if true since Mueller has kept leaks quiet but someone close to Mueller said Mueller was singing to himself this morning:  Flippity doo-dah, flippity-eh. My oh my what a wonderful day!

Edited by 9 Nines