September 13, 2015 - A date which will live in infamy!

TitanedUpSince'70

1 minute ago, TitanedUpSince'70 said:

Titans infamy that is...

Oman celebrates this date by reciting these famous words... "And he's gone downhill ever since!"

:cmj: 

He's had way better games 

11 minutes ago, scine09 said:

You mean QB rating doesn't measure everything?

It's passer rating not QB rating. 

It's not perfect but it's pretty damn close. Passer rating over the good sample size def tells you who is good and who ain't. 

1 minute ago, OILERMAN said:

It's passer rating not QB rating. 

It's not perfect but it's pretty damn close. Passer rating over the good sample size def tells you who is good and who ain't. 

It's got more flaws that Trump's stories.  Or close.

@OILERMAN & @scine09 both have valid points. There's flaws in the system for sure but over the long haul it's a damn good indicator.

But here's where analytics really lets you look deeper into things. Baseball is doing the same thing, the base numbers just don't tell the entire story. This may have been posted before but PFF did an adjusted passer rating, taking variables the QB can't help out if it, like drops on awesome passes, 

etc;

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/fantasy-football-metrics-that-matter-adjusted-quarterback-rating

Marcus Mariota was their 7th ranked passer. After adjusting for a bad supporting cast his rating sky rocketed 14 points. Nobody was even close to that kind of increase, his supporting cast was just horrifying.

Its interesting that the next 2 are Wentz & Goff...validates what I felt, two good QB's on GREAT offenses.

6 minutes ago, Face said:

@OILERMAN & @scine09 both have valid points. There's flaws in the system for sure but over the long haul it's a damn good indicator.

But here's where analytics really lets you look deeper into things. Baseball is doing the same thing, the base numbers just don't tell the entire story. This may have been posted before but PFF did an adjusted passer rating, taking variables the QB can't help out if it, like drops on awesome passes, 

etc;

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/fantasy-football-metrics-that-matter-adjusted-quarterback-rating

Marcus Mariota was their 7th ranked passer. After adjusting for a bad supporting cast his rating sky rocketed 14 points. Nobody was even close to that kind of increase, his supporting cast was just horrifying.

Its interesting that the next 2 are Wentz & Goff...validates what I felt, two good QB's on GREAT offenses.

Lovin' Adjusted Passer Rating already...

"Mariota had the largest positive differential of any quarterback on this list (+13.6) and jumped a whopping 17 spots in our rankings, from second-worst to seventh-best. This was primarily influenced by the fact that Mariota had two more interceptions than turnover-worthy throws and that three of his big-time throws were dropped by receivers."

2 minutes ago, heyitsmeallen said:

What a great game. I miss the decisive Mariota that threw darts. Robiskie broke him. Hope LaFleur can build him back up. 

I was kinda pissed that Whiz took him out so early. lol  I wanted him to let Marcus keep piling it on, possible 5 or 6 TDs, etc., but can understand why Whiz did it I guess.

28 minutes ago, Face said:

etc;

Any statistic that treats a Hail Mary interception the same as a pick 6 when trying to win at the end or a game winning touchdown the same as a garbage time touchdown is not a good indicator.

5 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Any statistic that treats a Hail Mary interception the same as a pick 6 when trying to win at the end or a game winning touchdown the same as a garbage time touchdown is not a good indicator.

Hardly ever a factor

1 hour ago, heyitsmeallen said:

What a great game. I miss the decisive Mariota that threw darts. Robiskie broke him. Hope LaFleur can build him back up. 

I think its more that defenses have figured out how to defend him - his kryptonite so to speak.  Don’tblitz and drop back instead and block his passing lanes and allow him to make un-pressured un-forced errors.

Archived