Sign in to follow this  
Jamalisms

Random thoughts after a few days away

Things that happened and things that continue happening, made me realise this team has always long ways to go.

Bad coaching has been predominant, then bad draft picks, bad F.A. signings overall, limited playbooks or lacking talent.

It's quite worrysome to see a new HC, hired since January, offering the garbaged preseason he showcased. Which served for not a lot against Miami.

Walker's season-ending injury will weigh-in. And the number of injured players is not only concerning...it's also unusual. Woodyard's injury is going to weigh-in as well. Lets see what also happens with Lewan's situation.

And I will repeat, the schedule has a relevant difficulty level. Not starting the season 4-1, will make of the season a steep one. And it already is with all the injuries and the lack of a more consistent execution at O, D and ST.

Just now, Jamalisms said:

The injuries this year really highlight how lucky we've been the past two years.

absolutely, there is always a couple of teams each year completely wrecked by injuries, unfortunately this might be our turn.

SB35   
3 hours ago, No1TitansFan said:

If Evans is anywhere near what we thought he could be, that will be an immediate upgrade.

This is definitely true, and a nugget that I’m clinging to at the moment. Look at what the defense of Carolina and Dallas become when Luke Kuechly and Sean Lee, respectively, are injured and come out of the game. I’m not saying Evans is even that level of inside LB, but that the quality of the linebacking inside can have a HUGE impact on the run defense. If Evans gives us a bit more strength in the run game, and provides an uptick in pass rush, I’m encouraged about the defense at least.

tgo   
8 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

absolutely, there is always a couple of teams each year completely wrecked by injuries, unfortunately this might be our turn.

I keep telling myself that this has nothing to do with losing the All Powerful Steve Watterson. But what if........

It's interesting the way he was forced into retirement randomly. Obviously he and Vrabel had some sort of disagreement or Vrabel was overly involved in that side of things, which Watterson didn't like. I just wonder if whatever the disagreement was is leading to problems on the training/strength and conditioning side. 

OILERMAN   

The team wasn’t lucky with injuries last year, they were without Davis and Sharpe, who were the top two WRs Sunday, Decker missed all of Camp and Murray and Mariota had injuries and missed games. It def effected the offense. They also lost Cyp last season too for a large chunk of the season 

TitanTez   

The team looked unprepared from a defensive stand point to start the game.

I like the attitude of the HC in going for the td but you are on the road in Miami, you got to kick that field goal, when you are up 3-0.

The offense looked very reserved in play selections to compensate for a lack of confidence in Marcus.

The officials interfered in the outcome of the game, very sad to see.

The Titans are in serious trouble, this thing could get ugly very fast, the team needs to know that they can win with this coaching staff and Marcus.

Thrill   
2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

The team wasn’t lucky with injuries last year, they were without Davis and Sharpe, who were the top two WRs Sunday, Decker missed all of Camp and Murray and Mariota had injuries and missed games. It def effected the offense. They also lost Cyp last season too for a large chunk of the season 

We've already IR two starters and not a single player from the draft has suited up yet.

Were in for a 2017 Houston type of injury season.