Random thoughts after a few days away

Jamalisms

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wanted to be able to take time before I really expressed much on this game, so I haven't visited the message board since before the game. In some ways, this allowed me to clear my head and take (in

Stay on the break.    Nothing worth a damn to see here.    All the good stuff is diluted to the same conversations with the same people as it’s been all offseason     

I’m just ready for Sunday. This week has been an unbearable week for TR freak outs. Maybe the worst one I’ve experienced in the decade + I’ve been around here. 

Posted Images

Things that happened and things that continue happening, made me realise this team has always long ways to go.

Bad coaching has been predominant, then bad draft picks, bad F.A. signings overall, limited playbooks or lacking talent.

It's quite worrysome to see a new HC, hired since January, offering the garbaged preseason he showcased. Which served for not a lot against Miami.

Walker's season-ending injury will weigh-in. And the number of injured players is not only concerning...it's also unusual. Woodyard's injury is going to weigh-in as well. Lets see what also happens with Lewan's situation.

And I will repeat, the schedule has a relevant difficulty level. Not starting the season 4-1, will make of the season a steep one. And it already is with all the injuries and the lack of a more consistent execution at O, D and ST.

3 hours ago, No1TitansFan said:

If Evans is anywhere near what we thought he could be, that will be an immediate upgrade.

This is definitely true, and a nugget that I’m clinging to at the moment. Look at what the defense of Carolina and Dallas become when Luke Kuechly and Sean Lee, respectively, are injured and come out of the game. I’m not saying Evans is even that level of inside LB, but that the quality of the linebacking inside can have a HUGE impact on the run defense. If Evans gives us a bit more strength in the run game, and provides an uptick in pass rush, I’m encouraged about the defense at least.

8 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

absolutely, there is always a couple of teams each year completely wrecked by injuries, unfortunately this might be our turn.

I keep telling myself that this has nothing to do with losing the All Powerful Steve Watterson. But what if........

It's interesting the way he was forced into retirement randomly. Obviously he and Vrabel had some sort of disagreement or Vrabel was overly involved in that side of things, which Watterson didn't like. I just wonder if whatever the disagreement was is leading to problems on the training/strength and conditioning side. 

The team wasn’t lucky with injuries last year, they were without Davis and Sharpe, who were the top two WRs Sunday, Decker missed all of Camp and Murray and Mariota had injuries and missed games. It def effected the offense. They also lost Cyp last season too for a large chunk of the season 

2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

The team wasn’t lucky with injuries last year, they were without Davis and Sharpe, who were the top two WRs Sunday, Decker missed all of Camp and Murray and Mariota had injuries and missed games. It def effected the offense. They also lost Cyp last season too for a large chunk of the season 

We've already IR two starters and not a single player from the draft has suited up yet.

Were in for a 2017 Houston type of injury season.

2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

A rookie - important rookie, but a rookie - and a #4 WR (Decker, Davis and Matthews were ahead of him) ... in an offense that hardly ever used 4 WRs. Decker missed two weeks of camp and was healthy all season. That's a good percent of the position group impacted at some point but only Davis was a meaningful season-long impact. And, again, a rookie.

Murray and Mariota missed a bit of time and played injured. Welcome to the NFL.

Cyp was more of a loss.

That's it? There were injuries but I have to question whether or not you understand the rate of injuries league-wide and, regardless, almost every single week the opponent had more by count and more significant injuries. It was absolutely a benefit to the team. It's baffling when people can't accept that.