Jamalisms

Episode 163 - Loss To Miami, On To Houston

Scotty and Jamal return once again to recap a very difficult week one loss for the Titans in Miami. The crew discusses the marathon game from player performances at to injuries and what it all means going forward before moving on to assess the upcoming divisional matchup with the Houston Texans. Hot topics include Marcus Mariota, Dion Lewis v Derrick Henry, officiating, injury impact and positional rotation at WR and OLB.

http://traffic.libsyn.com/twotonecrew/Episode_163.mp3

OILERMAN   

From what I read on the IR designation. After the 53 man roster is set the team can use the designation on two players who can return after 8 weeks. Delaine Walker is just the first player who is eligible. He's not coming back and they won't use it on him. 

scine09   
3 hours ago, JoelinBellevue said:

Why did they activate Conklin if he's not ready to play?

They will just leave him as inactive until he's ready.  Better that than a guarantee that he won't play.

tgo   
3 hours ago, JoelinBellevue said:

Why did they activate Conklin if he's not ready to play?

To avoid having him shelved for the minimum 6 weeks be starting on PUP. 

They can probably get him back week 4 this way. 

scine09   

@OILERMAN and @Jamalisms, to follow up on your discussion on the Browns and how inept they've been, here's a stat for you.  Since they came back to the league in 1999, they are 1-18-1 in their openers (and the 2004 stat is correct).  Also, they are 3-16-1 in their home openers.  One of those wins was against the Titans of course.

If you want to go back to their final season in 1995 they also lost their opener that year so they're now 1-19-1 in their openers.

Good job guys. I know people are losing their patience with MM, but I really do think the accuracy has to do with timing and will get better assuming Davis and Matthews stay healthy and the system becomes second hat. 

Our D sorely needs a 100% healthy Morgan and Orakpo and I think we need Evans in there as soon as possible.