Episode 163 - Loss To Miami, On To Houston

Jamalisms

Scotty and Jamal return once again to recap a very difficult week one loss for the Titans in Miami. The crew discusses the marathon game from player performances at to injuries and what it all means going forward before moving on to assess the upcoming divisional matchup with the Houston Texans. Hot topics include Marcus Mariota, Dion Lewis v Derrick Henry, officiating, injury impact and positional rotation at WR and OLB.

http://traffic.libsyn.com/twotonecrew/Episode_163.mp3

From what I read on the IR designation. After the 53 man roster is set the team can use the designation on two players who can return after 8 weeks. Delaine Walker is just the first player who is eligible. He's not coming back and they won't use it on him. 

@OILERMAN and @Jamalisms, to follow up on your discussion on the Browns and how inept they've been, here's a stat for you.  Since they came back to the league in 1999, they are 1-18-1 in their openers (and the 2004 stat is correct).  Also, they are 3-16-1 in their home openers.  One of those wins was against the Titans of course.

If you want to go back to their final season in 1995 they also lost their opener that year so they're now 1-19-1 in their openers.

Good job guys. I know people are losing their patience with MM, but I really do think the accuracy has to do with timing and will get better assuming Davis and Matthews stay healthy and the system becomes second hat. 

Our D sorely needs a 100% healthy Morgan and Orakpo and I think we need Evans in there as soon as possible.

"that little bitch was yelling 'body bag'" ... Jamal

"when Marcus Mariota throws a pass, the offensive lineman have to have their heads on a swivel to watch out for the crack back block" ... Scotty

As good as those two lines were, y'all were best in the end talking freely about other teams around the league. That felt like a real conversation.

Well done. 

31 minutes ago, code said:

"that little bitch was yelling 'body bag'" ... Jamal

"when Marcus Mariota throws a pass, the offensive lineman have to have their heads on a swivel to watch out for the crack back block" ... Scotty

As good as those two lines were, y'all were best in the end talking freely about other teams around the league. That felt like a real conversation.

Well done. 

My favorite line was "I stayed away from reading Titans Report because it ends up changing my point of view".

Good podcast!