Sign in to follow this  
tgo

Beddingfield Interview

Huston   

Thats pretty much what I saw, didn't get the Henry criticism on this board. He is playing well and it will show with more carries.

Edited by Huston

tgo   
Just now, Huston said:

Thats pretty much what I saw, didn't get the Henry criticism of this board. He is playing well and it will show with more carries.

I think Dion Lewis played better, but Henry played well in the run game and should have outperformed Lewis if not for that ridiculous penalty. 

4 minutes ago, Huston said:

Thats pretty much what I saw, didn't get the Henry criticism of this board. He is playing well and it will show with more carries.

I like Henry, so I'm just playing Devil's Advocate here.

Does Henry's presence signal the increased likelihood of a run and therefore the defense adjusts to stop him?  

Once the offense starts running multiple plays out of the same formations, perhaps we will see Henry perform better.  

3 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

I like Henry, so I'm just playing Devil's Advocate here.

Does Henry's presence signal the increased likelihood of a run and therefore the defense adjusts to stop him?  

Once the offense starts running multiple plays out of the same formations, perhaps we will see Henry perform better.  

I was thinking the same thing. I could be wrong but I don’t think we ran PA once on 1st down when Henry was in there. I kept waiting for it but I don’t think it ever happened. 

I wish we could find out the players that Beddingfield scouted/had input in obtaining-----because he's probably just complimenting the dudes that he recommended in an attempt to prove to management that he was right.

If so, he'd fit right in here at TR.

tgo   
4 minutes ago, woolfolksunclesuncle said:

I wish we could find out the players that Beddingfield scouted/had input in obtaining-----because he's probably just complimenting the dudes that he recommended in an attempt to prove to management that he was right.

If so, he'd fit right in here at TR.

He has come out and said that he was not in favor of drafting Conklin/trading down and wanted an impact player instead, and also has said he didn't agree with drafting Davis that high. But was in favor of drafting Henry and also Adoree Jackson. 

He seems to have been at odds with Robinson on those two high draft picks while he was College Scouting Director, which could be part of why he isn't there anymore. 

Edited by tgo

-Said that Davis had communication issues with Mariota and Gabbert both, indicating that the communicationand timing issues with Davis are mostly on Davis.

Still going to take time to gel. They're all still thinking too much.

Huston   

Henry breaking long runs is not a fluke and he is finding what running lanes are there and hitting them on time, wouldnt be surprised if he breaks one Sunday. They have 2 good ones.

40 minutes ago, gaskill15 said:

I was thinking the same thing. I could be wrong but I don’t think we ran PA once on 1st down when Henry was in there. I kept waiting for it but I don’t think it ever happened. 

We did split him out wide once. Can’t remember if he got targeted or not on that play, though.