Patricia's Debut Has to Be Worse than Vrabel's

Jonboy

9 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

I didn't think it could get worse for a HC debut but Patricia and the Lions have almost made Vrabel's debut look positive.

I didn’t think Vrabels debut was all bad...

i think circumstances were awful with delays every major momentum shift, injury to LT on cheap shot, QB on cheap shot, and losing the star TE with only 3 minutes left...

Vrabels team fought all the way, and played hard. 

Actually looking back

im impressed

Both Vrabel and Patricia's D have been destroyed in their Debut. Has to sting a bit.  Not that they're the coordinators, but that's gotta hit close to home. But of the 2 games, the Jets routing the Lions is way worse than an inept Titan team trying to find themselves in the dark. 

11 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

I didn't think it could get worse for a HC debut but Patricia and the Lions have almost made Vrabel's debut look positive.

Vrabel had a lot of stuff working against him. On the road, incredibly unique delay situation, injuries to multiple key players, atrocious calls by the refs that directly helped contribute to the loss.

Patricia couldn't have had a better set up by contrast. His team just puked all over themselves because they could.

Vrabel and the staff didn't really have that bad of a game, I'd probably wager every rookie coach fared worse than Vrabel this week, though I thought Shurmur called a good game vs the Jags, big lack of execution by the Giants.

LaFleur needs to settle down on the first down runs, but his pass plays were well designed and Dion Lewis got the run game going in the 2nd half.

Run D was awful to start but Vrabel/Pees got it fixed and the D played well overall considering the circumstances.

I don't subscribe to the people blaming coaching for the loss. I think the only real big blunder was Vrabel letting Mariota play with no feeling in his hand, but not like Gabbert was much better.