Who do we replace Walker with?

kyle021

its vastly different to say that smith had a good offseason and was drafted to replace walker... and then to say he can easily replace a probowler after on 16 catches in his career. 

he's going to be a giant drop off. we have no idea his clutch ability, he's got no vet savvy, and he barely understands the offense if preseason is any indicator. 

of course we can try and stay positive about it... and at this stage the guy is obviously healthier and more athletic than walker. 

but saying he can easily replace walker is just a BS excuse coming from the anti-mariota crowd. if they say smith is just as good as walk (which he isnt and it isnt even close) then they can say marcus is worse if the production isnt equal. 

he's not half the player walker is at this stage. 

Edited by titanruss

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Smith is actually a pretty damn good replacement for Walker

Prob just roll with 3 TEs or promote Cunningham. There’s nothing else they can do. 

Except for the whole blocking thing Walker can do that Smith can't.

1 minute ago, Starkiller said:

Yes, but has he retired? If not he is good enough to sign.

No, but an article or two that I have skimmed through said that he is still recovering from a concussion he suffered from Week 12 of last year.

11 hours ago, tgo said:

Prob just roll with 3 TEs or promote Cunningham. There’s nothing else they can do. 

This. I don't bother to promote Cunningham, because I don't think he gives us enough on STs. So, go with the three we have for now. Not much else you can do. Lean on the receivers more...they were playing really well. Often they were open. Davis could have had a monster game with better QB play, and Sharpe and Taylor were open several times too. Didn't see Matthews much, outside of the obvious times. 

O.J. Howard would have been handy right about now, but I have faith in Smith.

I was upset about the loss yesterday, but didn't think it was the end of the world...then the Walker injury happened. Just an awful, awful day. It was one of those perfect storm type of games - no pun intended.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Soxcat said:

Smith hasn't even caught up with Walker in catches yet.  Walker got hurt with 4 catches in the first game before getting hurt.  Smith has 3 catches in 6 games.

Yea, the passing game sucks and most of the skill people’s numbers are spare. Smith dropped a pass and can’t block, I thought he’d be better but didn’t think the passing game overall would be this big a joke 

Here's the thing...if Smith can't block, which right now he can't, then bring in an extra tackle. Yeah, it would project what we are doing...that guy won't run routes. But damn. Smith cannot block. So, use him as a mismatch receiver. Let him chip guys, I guess, but mostly use him to run routes. He's fast, and he needs to learn to outmuscle LBs and safeties, the way Walker does. If he can develop that, he can give us the possession guy we desperately need right now.

1 minute ago, Alcibiades said:

Here's the thing...if Smith can't block, which right now he can't, then bring in an extra tackle. Yeah, it would project what we are doing...that guy won't run routes. But damn. Smith cannot block. So, use him as a mismatch receiver. Let him chip guys, I guess, but mostly use him to run routes. He's fast, and he needs to learn to outmuscle LBs and safeties, the way Walker does. If he can develop that, he can give us the possession guy we desperately need right now.

I wondered this too. But really an extra OT would replace Stocker not Smith.