Jump to content
OILERMAN

OILERMAN vs IsntLifeFunny RB bet

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

I dunno what they'd do without Lewis' 31 yards per game.

That kid's a monster.

Just terrific!

Fuck Henry as well, but at least he’s getting positive yards on his plays and hasn’t been giving up sacks. Put Fluellen in the game and see what he has. The offense simply cannot get worse. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Fuck Henry as well, but at least he’s getting positive yards on his plays and hasn’t been giving up sacks. Put Fluellen in the game and de what he has. The offense simply cannot get worse. 

Precisely.

This RB corps is worth a whopping 70 yards per game on average, and can't pass block fer shit, and doesn't pickup blitzes.

Just like everything else about this offense, it's boom or bust.

We'll see if consistency comes as they get familiarized with this scheme.

 

But unless the O-Line reverses its regression, I don't see things improving.  They haven't adapted to the ZB scheme, and now their Pass Pro has gone backwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Precisely.

This RB corps is worth a whopping 70 yards per game on average, and can't pass block fer shit, and doesn't pickup blitzes.

Just like everything else about this offense, it's boom or bust.

We'll see if consistency comes as they get familiarized with this scheme.

 

But unless the O-Line reverses its regression, I don't see things improving.  They haven't adapted to the ZB scheme, and now their Pass Pro has gone backwards.

It’s to the point where Firsker and Fluellen are the only guys on the bench who could have a positive impact. Might as well play them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

It’s to the point where Firsker and Fluellen are the only guys on the bench who could have a positive impact. Might as well play them. 

I'm not sure the answers are even on this 53 at the moment.

I get the feeling LaFleur and Vrabel would kill for a Fasano or a Stevens, and a blocking RB like DeMarco.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

I'm not sure the answers are even on this 53 at the moment.

I get the feeling LaFleur and Vrabel would kill for a Fasano or a Stevens, and a blocking RB like DeMarco.

Fluellen isn’t an answer. Neither is Firsker. But they have to do something to stop the leaking and pressure. If Firsker can be even a semblance of a security blanket and Fluellen can avg 3 yards, block, and be even close to decent in the pass game then that’s a huge upgrade. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, titanruss said:

Really.. it’s pretty amazing it’s this close considering. You’d think with the games we’ve played that Lewis would be killing it in touches... but it’s very very close. 

 

 

Eh not really. The games have still been close enough where Henry seeing the field at least makes sense.

 

It wouldn't be closer anyway if we were winning because those carries wouldn't count, the fact that Lewia is up by a chunk without having to take away any touches for Henry due to stipulations is the surprising thing to me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nine   

I haven't gone back to re-watch the Massacre at Nissan yet....but in real time, it seemed to me the run blocking vs. the Ravens D was similar to what we saw in the Buffalo game:   not great, but significantly better than it was prior to Conklin's return.    Neither great nor bad.....somewhere around average.

 

The numbers appear to support this.    Henry had only one carry for no gain;  Lewis had only one carry for minus yards.   Each guy had one run of 5+ yards....but with only 12 carries between them, the sample size is too small to draw any meaningful conclusions.   They clearly weren't getting shut down completely, and their numbers were consistent with what I would typically expect in an NFL running game.   

 

Despite what Sportscenter would have us believe, we can't expect to see guys ripping off 10-15 yard chunks on every third play....especially not against one of the league's top defenses.   It's gonna be a lot of 2-3-4 yard gains, a couple zero/minus runs and 5-10 yard gains here and there....and maybe a couple 15-20 yard chunks if you stick with it.

 

The numbers we saw Sunday are typical of what I would expect on a team's first twelve rushing attempts....a few short runs, a couple better runs, and a couple not-so-good runs.     The problem is, those were the team's only rushing attempts....and they were spread out over an entire game, which gave the running game zero chance to develop or establish any kind of rhythm whatsoever.   

 

People can blame the lack of a running game on the bad O-line play.....but the truth is, the run blocking was actually okay on Sunday.   They simply chose not to utilize it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×