OILERMAN vs IsntLifeFunny RB bet

OILERMAN

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Somehow it feels like you are both losing the bet.

OMAN we get it,    you care more about your agenda than the titans success. 

Never mind the fact that Henry scored three of his four TDs last night (and at least 7 of his 9 TD's this season) on runs between the tackles.   Agendas and preconceived notions are far more important

Posted Images

1 hour ago, nine said:

Kinda curious as to where the "Henry is useless in the passing game" argument comes from, because I've seen nothing to support this.    He hasn't been targeted this year, but that's been more a matter of playcalling.    Just because the coaches prefer targeting Lewis doesn't mean Henry sucks;   he's just not as explosive as Lewis in that regard.   At worse, I'd rate Henry's receiving skills as "average".

Since the day he entered the league, Henry has played a lesser role in the passing game behind DeMarco Murray and Deon Lewis....both of whom are excellent, first-rate pass-catchers.    It doesn't mean Henry's incapable of doing it;   it's just that the team has always had a better option.

Here's a fact:   As a receiver, Henry is well within reach of matching or exceeding Delanie Walker's production over the first three years of his career.    Should we assume Delanie was horrible and useless when he entered the league?    Or could it be that Vernon Davis was getting all the targets, and all Delanie needed was an opportunity?

Outside of screens idk how anyone can say they think Henry would make an impact in the passing game. 

Delanie walker was a backup TE and special team player fighting for a roster spot his first couple of years in the league. 

2 hours ago, big2033 said:

Why are we searching for ways to shoe-horn Henry in when he doesn't need to be?

Because the running game is clearly broken and needs to be fixed.    Henry gains positive yards on 86% of his carries.   Lewis doesn't.

1 hour ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Outside of screens idk how anyone can say they think Henry would make an impact in the passing game. 

Nobody has suggested that Henry should be used in anything other than a traditional RB role.  Nobody has ever suggested that they should be split him out wide and have him run WR routes down the field.   We're just talking about screen passes, flares, and dump-offs.    I have no idea why people think he's incapable of doing this.....he's already shown that he can.

59 minutes ago, nine said:

Because the running game is clearly broken and needs to be fixed.    Henry gains positive yards on 86% of his carries.   Lewis doesn't.

Nobody has suggested that Henry should be used in anything other than a traditional RB role.  Nobody has ever suggested that they should be split him out wide and have him run WR routes down the field.   We're just talking about screen passes, flares, and dump-offs.    I have no idea why people think he's incapable of doing this.....he's already shown that he can.

Statistics are a tricky thing. As once you get into minutiae anything can serve your interests.

There's also situations that come into account. But seeing as we've gone down this road here we go:

IMO, zero yards versus 1-2 yards is minute considering both situations put you in 2nd or 3rd and long. So calculating things in this way is tricky.

What REALLY hurts you is negative plays. 

I looked in to negative yardage for both players. 

Henry is negative 20 yards on the season while Lewis is negative 22 yards. This includes negative passes.

The real kicker here is Henry had only six plays for negative yardage while Lewis had 11. 

Both backs are hurting plays. One is supposed to be the pile mover - hence someone who gets "positive yards" most of the time. One is supposed to be the third-down back. 

Neither is running much better than the other.

231 yards total yards for Henry. 307 total yards for Lewis on 10 less RB carries.

Edited by big2033

3 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

The coaches don't want Henry in on situations where the Titans have to pass and the defense can pin it's ears back. I don't get what's so difficult about understanding that.

Sorry, "useless in the passing game.... compared to what the coaches want on the field". It makes no sense why you guys are trying to say that Lewis being on the field in obvious passing situations is some sort of bad thing that let's the defense in on some secret

I don't get what's so difficult about understanding that this statement isn't the irrefutable fact you're convinced it is. The fact that each staff has preferred Murray and then Lewis in the passing game doesn't say anything about Henry's ability other than that they think he isn't as good as them in that area; which is true. Everything else about him sucking is you making leaps of logic. If Murray and Lewis were JAGs or sucked in the passing game you might have a point but that isn't close to being the case.

3 hours ago, big2033 said:

Why are we searching for ways to shoe-horn Henry in when he doesn't need to be?

The running game is a necessity and over the last 4 weeks Henry has been 1.5 ypc better. Seems like a pretty good reason to me. 

3 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

The running game is a necessity and over the last 4 weeks Henry has been 1.5 ypc better. Seems like a pretty good reason to me. 

He's been .2 better. Why are we eliminating a week?

Henry keeps proving he's good in certain areas and not good in others. It's hard for me to take him outside of his comfort zone.

Edited by big2033

25 minutes ago, big2033 said:

He's been .2 better. Why are we eliminating a week?

Henry keeps proving he's good in certain areas and not good in others. It's hard for me to take him outside of his comfort zone.

He's been getting the tough yards in the running game, isn't bouncing any runs outside, hasn't made any mistakes in pass pro and hasn't really had a chance to show anything as a receiver. Last game was proof IMO that relying solely on Lewis isn't the answer. We need the running game to come alive and Henry gives us a better shot to do it. 

1 hour ago, Mythos27 said:

I don't get what's so difficult about understanding that this statement isn't the irrefutable fact you're convinced it is. The fact that each staff has preferred Murray and then Lewis in the passing game doesn't say anything about Henry's ability other than that they think he isn't as good as them in that area; which is true. Everything else about him sucking is you making leaps of logic. If Murray and Lewis were JAGs or sucked in the passing game you might have a point but that isn't close to being the case.

You do realize that them wanting Lewis or Murray on the field IS them not wanting Henry on the field? Yes, I understand your point that they are really good at those aspect though. 

Youre for some reason perceiving me as implying that he’s some vegetable out there in the passing game. He just isn’t all that good at it, while he’s been behind guys who were great at it. there’s a reason though that he has 5 targets to his 65 carries, they don’t want him to run the rock and not much more

As is said, they literally want to keep running with Lewis to keep him on the field for passes than they do try to implement Henry into the passing game. It’s clear as day which back they’d rather have on the field.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

Henry also had that BS holding call that took back a 70 yard run. 

That at run would put his average at around 4.4 ypc. 

Lewis has never shown the ability to break long runs. 

So you’ve got a guy, who is already a better pure runner... with the ability to break a long run... and the advantage of having a 50/50 run pass split when he’s in the game. 

He needs more snaps. 

It it would be interesting to take out the obvious passing downs that Lewis is in the game for and then see for real what the run/pass split on normal downs would be for him. 

10 minutes ago, titanruss said:

Henry also had that BS holding call that took back a 70 yard run. 

That at run would put his average at around 4.4 ypc. 

Lewis has never shown the ability to break long runs. 

So you’ve got a guy, who is already a better pure runner... with the ability to break a long run... and the advantage of having a 50/50 run pass split when he’s in the game. 

He needs more snaps. 

It it would be interesting to take out the obvious passing downs that Lewis is in the game for and then see for real what the run/pass split on normal downs would be for him. 

Until they improve perimeter blocking I believe his effectiveness will be limited.

They need better blocking out of these TEs for that to happen.  Delanie was still healthy when he broke that 70 yard run, and he hasn't come close to replicating it since then.

1 hour ago, wiscotitansfan said:

You do realize that them wanting Lewis or Murray on the field IS them not wanting Henry on the field? Yes, I understand your point that they are really good at those aspect though. 

Youre for some reason perceiving me as implying that he’s some vegetable out there in the passing game. He just isn’t all that good at it, while he’s been behind guys who were great at it. there’s a reason though that he has 5 targets to his 65 carries, they don’t want him to run the rock and not much more

As is said, they literally want to keep running with Lewis to keep him on the field for passes than they do try to implement Henry into the passing game. It’s clear as day which back they’d rather have on the field.

As long as your stance isn't that Henry is such a liability in the passing game that coaches are literally scared to put him out there then I'm good. You may not be saying that but a few others are and it can be difficult to know where each person stands on any given player.