Sign in to follow this  
Jamalisms

Episode 162 - In Advance Of Miami

OILERMAN   

Look how much coaching mattered for the 9ers last year. On about the 11th week of the season Shanahan really started coaching his ass off, he was 1-10 up until that point. All of the sudden Shanahan coached to the 9ers to a 5-0 finish. 9ers offense was terrible through 11 weeks. 

It was an amazing coaching clinic put on by Shanny those last 5 weeks. If only we could figure out what "coaching adjustments" Shanahan made those last 5 weeks.  

And I think Shanahan is the best offensive mind in the league and made a post about hiring him. 

jphardy   

I agree with Jamal about Gore.  He has played great at times, but I hesitate to call him an all-time great player, despite his numbers.

I knew most of the national NFL media were pretty down on the Titans chances this year, since the draft was over it has been nothing but a Texans and Jags love fest.

didn't think the perception of the Titans had fallen to the point the majority are taking the Dolphins to beat us in week 1.

4 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I knew most of the national NFL media were pretty down on the Titans chances this year, since the draft was over it has been nothing but a Texans and Jags love fest.

didn't think the perception of the Titans had fallen to the point the majority are taking the Dolphins to beat us in week 1.

The offense has everything in place to be successful. They have played together for some time. Some coaches will say nothing is more important than that. The unknown quantity is Mariota. Don't know what you are going to get. I am glad we have Gabbert. He's vanilla, but has a strong arm. He could prosper with this group if pressed into service.

Number9   
23 hours ago, Titans279 said:

I enjoy how Scotty always says “Orapko” instead of “Orakpo.”

Speaking of record predictions I honestly could see the team 1-3 after 4 games. 2-2 is probably more likely but all it takes is the offense struggling to settle in to cause a ton of trouble. 

How angry is this board going to be if we’re 1-3?! 😂

23 hours ago, tgo said:

1-3 is a very possible outcome in the first quarter of the season. People should essentially be expecting this, and anything more than 1-3 would be gravy. 

I would love 2-2 and and 4-3 at the bye.  1-3 is going to be difficult, but it's all according to how the team looks in achieving any record.  I am really concerned as to why the Titans are only 0-1 favorites, pick em.  I have been thinking the Titans are on an entirely different level than the Dolphins.  What are the oddsmakers seeing the a lot of posters here and I don't see.  I know I'm a homer, but I am usually never this far off on lines.  I'm not saying I can predict game odd and win, but I usually hit the probable game odds on the money.

I picture the Titans will come out like Renly's hounds.  Vrabel will have them fired up and  ready to beat the shit out of whoever is the unlucky team to face them in game one.  I was afraid he was pushing them too hard early in ps, then he dialed it way down.  He'll dial it up Sunday to the max.  

vrabel-1_1.jpg?width=200&height=200&fit=

tgo   
10 minutes ago, Number9 said:

I would love 2-2 and and 4-3 at the bye.  1-3 is going to be difficult, but it's all according to how the team looks in achieving any record.  I am really concerned as to why the Titans are only 0-1 favorites, pick em.  I have been thinking the Titans are on an entirely different level than the Dolphins.  What are the oddsmakers seeing the a lot of posters here and I don't see.  I know I'm a homer, but I am usually never this far off on lines.  I'm not saying I can predict game odd and win, but I usually hit the probable game odds on the money.

I picture the Titans will come out like Renly's hounds.  Vrabel will have them fired up and  ready to beat the shit out of whoever is the unlucky team to face them in game one.  I was afraid he was pushing them too hard early in ps, then he dialed it way down.  He'll dial it up Sunday to the max.  

vrabel-1_1.jpg?width=200&height=200&fit=

Why do people always say “it depends on how they look” while losing as if you get style points in the NFL. 

Or “we may have a worse record but we’ll be a ‘better team’” or “we may have a worse  record but at least the offense will be entertaining/pretty/modern”

None of that shit matters. What matters is winning football games. 

39 minutes ago, tgo said:

Why do people always say “it depends on how they look” while losing as if you get style points in the NFL. 

Or “we may have a worse record but we’ll be a ‘better team’” or “we may have a worse  record but at least the offense will be entertaining/pretty/modern”

Because everyone rationally projects forward the likelihood that a team can win in the future, based on what they've seen - the likelihood that exactly what they've seen could win again, that it could beat better teams and reach ultimate goals and the potential growth of the team given the base-level performance they have shown.

Which is why we have a new coach.

Number9   
51 minutes ago, tgo said:

If it was an embarrassing loss, I don't know if I would think it was okay.  Really, it's just one of those things people say.

On 9/7/2018 at 7:12 PM, OILERMAN said:

Look how much coaching mattered for the 9ers last year. On about the 11th week of the season Shanahan really started coaching his ass off, he was 1-10 up until that point. All of the sudden Shanahan coached to the 9ers to a 5-0 finish. 9ers offense was terrible through 11 weeks. 

It was an amazing coaching clinic put on by Shanny those last 5 weeks. If only we could figure out what "coaching adjustments" Shanahan made those last 5 weeks.  

And I think Shanahan is the best offensive mind in the league and made a post about hiring him. 

Did you see their QBs? I bet you can’t spell the starter’s name. 

7 hours ago, tgo said:

Of course it matters. If you can’t compete with the best teams then you’re never going to win a championship. Look at the Bengals. I’m sure they’re excited for another year of Marv Lewis.