Jonboy

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Voltron assemble!    

It wasn't Evans's leg? WTF is happening here? 

1 minute ago, OILERMAN said:

Pretty easy to see they were completely focused on the regular season 

not sure we will ever find out, but it would be very interesting to hear from Vrabel after the season, whether this offseason they got the balance right between the sports science approach holding players out of practice, against the possible benefits if they had more time on the practice field to form better team chemistry.

i'm a big believer in using the sports science approach to prepare athletes for optimum performance, but it is tough to find the right balance of rest/recovery up against on field game preparation.

1 hour ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

not sure we will ever find out, but it would be very interesting to hear from Vrabel after the season, whether this offseason they got the balance right between the sports science approach holding players out of practice, against the possible benefits if they had more time on the practice field to form better team chemistry.

i'm a big believer in using the sports science approach to prepare athletes for optimum performance, but it is tough to find the right balance of rest/recovery up against on field game preparation.

young guys and rookies need less rest. they talk about a rookie wall but i'd be interested in data on that or if teams just figure out what rookies can do and t stops them until they fill out their arsenal.

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

This

and it was extremely smart. 

Once Smith, Cyprien, Reed went down with leg injuries and Matthews was battling a Knee it was the right thing to do...

the vets who can play will play 

use the preseason for the young guns and see what they have and let your starters take a few steps steps on the field for a few seconds and yank them until the real lights come on and keep things kosher in practice. 

2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

I believe you are correct.  One huge edge to having a new staff and lot's of new pieces is unpredictablility. If we come out and teams have little idea what we are, we may be able to grab a couple of wins that we may not have gotten by showing our hand too much.  It would be ashamed to waste it by putting all of our cards on the table in preseason.  I hope that is what it is.  I will say that the staff, largely Vrabel, seem very confident in consideration of the ugly showing during preseason.  Hopefully, these guys are playing chess right now.  We will know soon enough. 

1 minute ago, titanruss said:

so who we missing?

Landry, Morgan, and Conklin? Other than the IR guys thats it, right?

That’s it. Conk probably will be back week 3-4.

I hope Landry is good week 1.

Edited by TheBukafax

1 minute ago, TheBukafax said:

Awesome. We cant really make up for the backend CB depth we lost but DE/OLB should recover just fine pretty early in the year. 

Yeah, we just need one of Morgan/Landry back early on. Conflicting reports on Landry being a hamstring or ankle. Pick your poison there. Ankle and he loses flexability getting low in his bend, hamstring and it feels like it could be all season off and on. I'm hoping he's week 1 too but only if its an ankle thing. Morgan just had a scope to clean up some stuff on the meniscus. Betting he's back before week 3. 

I've heard several people say that they do not expect Conklin to be back by the start of the season.. but they'd be VERY surprised if he isnt back by week 2. I dont really get that logic but I'm all for it. We've got a murderers row of D-lines coming up the first 4 weeks

23 minutes ago, TheBukafax said:

Just saw some possible bad news on Landry via MCM:

" The scariest thing here is that it appears Landry hurt the same ankle that cost him a lot of time at Boston College last season. That doesn’t mean it is the same injury, but it is still scary none the less"

19 minutes ago, titanruss said:

Just saw some possible bad news on Landry via MCM:

" The scariest thing here is that it appears Landry hurt the same ankle that cost him a lot of time at Boston College last season. That doesn’t mean it is the same injury, but it is still scary none the less"

What a buzzkill that would be. Seeing Landry develop throughout the season was something I was most loozing forward to.