Kuharsky breaks down Sunday's practice with Dave McGinnis

OILERMAN

96k after expenses isn't bad depending on where you live, that'll get you a small one bedroom apartment in Seattle and probably a small box with a cover in the Bay Area.  Not sure what cost of living is in the Nashville area though, assuming better than the West coast at least.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got the same from a guy on reddit for free

Oman is a simple man, he sees ball, he sees ball hit ground, he blames QB.  Too bad it was a Punt.

This is why I think the Titans might use a lot of the Skins offensive concepts from RGIII's rookie season.   If the Titans use a lot of RPO's, options, zone reads and rollouts and Mariota is

2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

I’m not saying full RG or Tyrod Taylor but it’s likely to be a big part. Remember Vrabel just came from the Texans with Watson and he tried to Hire Day from OSU who was Chip Kelly’s right hand man. Obviously Day would have done a lot of this stuff and it stands to reason that’s why he was targeted 

Ryan Day was not CK's right hand man.

You're making shit up as you go along.

Jerry Azzinaro is Kelly's right hand man and it's been that way forever.  I'm kinda surprised they're not married TBH.

4 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Ryan Day was not CK's right hand man.  He's never been more than a QB coach for Kelly.

You're making shit up as you go along.

Jerry Azzinaro is Kelly's right hand man and it's been that way forever.  I'm kinda surprised they're not married TBH.

8 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

This is why I think the Titans might use a lot of the Skins offensive concepts from RGIII's rookie season.

If the Titans use a lot of RPO's, options, zone reads and rollouts and Mariota is actually used a real running threat the Titans rushing attack could be lethal. Throw in some passing from these formations and the defense is going have a hard time defending it. LaFleuer has already talked about using the same formations to do all this stuff from to make it hard on the defense. 

RG's rookie season the Skins averaged 170yds per game rushing, #1 in the NFL. Alfred Morris had over 1600 yards..... Griffin had 800 yards rushing and averaged 6.7 yards per rush. 

Henry's weakness is getting going. These concepts often get the RB into the clear with the defense guarding the QB and Henry could get outside often and use his speed. Then they can use Lewis from more basic formations between the tackles. 

I believe Mariota is a better passer than RGIII. RG and Snyder were stupid in that they wanted RG playing more from the pocket and that's when the wheels fell off. 

Obv the big risk is running too much of this could result in injury but Mariota won't be taking on defenders head first like RGIII did. Throw in Walker and Davis with the playaction possibilities and this offense could really explode. 

I posted in the other thread that I think the most interesting question is how much we factor Mariota's mobility into the offense. And I don't just mean the bootlegs off play action, that's a big part of this system even with guys like Ryan & Schaub running it.

Im curious mainly about the use of read option & the RPO's. Mike Shanahan was interviewed about RG3 last year after the Browns signed him & he said he thinks he could still be good if they based the offense around that. It was an awesome interview, he explained why it was so hard to stop with a true dual threat QB, how the LB's & safeties would have to commit to the possibility of him keeping the ball, opening up the secondary for easy, defined reads. He said the beauty of it is the QB only has to run just enough, when the D overcommits, to make it work. So basically the QB's mobility is a huge weapon without having to overexpose him.

2 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

I sure as hell wouldn't pay to access it but there's no way you actually think they are remotely comparable in content?

One is just a play-by-play of some of the positives that happened on the day and the other gives some analysis and inner workings of what is going on. Nothing too complicated but much moreso than the typical Corey Davis looking sharp catching crisp passes from Mariota stuff or Adoree makes an amazing break to bat down a wonderfully thrown ball.

Your error is in over-looking the fact that "play by play of the positives" is all some fans on this board are comfortable with. 

1 hour ago, ChesterCopperpot1 said:

We didn’t get any of this shit when he was at ESPN. Almost like he got lazy. 

There's more pressure to feed the casual fan and not the more knowledge-needy fan at a place like ESPN.

They want constant content and because of that depth can take a backseat.

It seems like PK knows there's an audience for more breakdown articles. You'll rarely find this stuff on major sites.

Edited by big2033

27 minutes ago, big2033 said:

There's more pressure to feed the casual fan and not the more knowledge-needy fan at a place like ESPN.

They want constant content and because of that depth can take a backseat.

It seems like PK knows there's an audience for more breakdown articles. You'll rarely find this stuff on major sites.

Damn you love that man 

2 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot1 said:

We didn’t get any of this shit when he was at ESPN. Almost like he got lazy. 

That's exactly the truth.  It felt like every article was mailed in.  Maybe he resented the options they gave him (for sure the weekly anthem protest synopsis), maybe he felt ESPN was below his Ivy League creds, who knows.

I enjoy him on the radio.  Hes quick to his point and clearly has put thought into his arguments.

We didn't get any of that at ESPN but maybe that will translate to his own site.  If it does I'd consider subscribing. 

14 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

This right here is what makes Kuharsky.com so good. He has a detailed breakdown as he watched practice with Dave McGinnis. They go super in depth on how practice is run, how the defense and offense are coached/schemed and a really well done series of what makes the Shanahan/LaFleuer offense so hard to defend from a formation stand point. 

So PK give you free log in so you would pimp his site?

14 minutes ago, oldschool said:

PK is making a mistake putting his site behind a paywall. He should be focused on his brand and advertising. Follow the Florio model.

It's tough though because ad wise he has only local funding. Only so far Tennessee vodka's gonna go.

At least he has the radio show to keep his name around. 

Edited by big2033

Just now, big2033 said:

It's tough though because add wise he has only local funding. Only so far Tennessee vodka's gonna go.

At least he has the radio show to keep his name around. 

Advertisers will come if website hits happen first. I like PK and I'll never visit his site because its behind a paywall. He should take the hit now and reap the rewards later.