Who were your top 5 players in the 1st pre-season game?

NashvilleNinja

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd say the fact Landry actually showed the ability to come off the corner and apply pressure against NFL quality players was the best thing about last night. 

1. No key injuries 2. No key injuries 3. No key injuries 4. No key injuries 5. No key injuries 

I thought #8 looked good.  The ball he threw(xxx) was a thing of beauty.

Jayon Brown has a lot of energy.  He missed badly on a tackle, but seemed to stand out.

Honor for sure.  How he dropped to round 2 will be a mystery for a while.

xxx is Williams. 

Edited by Number9

His lean and balance on that play can't be taught. It's natural. He's incredibly gifted. If he takes to coaching and stays healthy, he could be Kearse like. And BTW, Kearse was playing DE. If he had been an OLB in this system, he'd have been even better. Landry has that upside. Let's hope he realizes it. 

4 minutes ago, Alcibiades said:

If he had been an OLB in this system, he'd have been even better. Landry has that upside. Let's hope he realizes it. 

I'm not so sure about that. Even though OLB these days are typically solely pass rushers, it'd be a waste of talent to even be a threat to do anything but.

18 minutes ago, Alcibiades said:

His lean and balance on that play can't be taught. It's natural. He's incredibly gifted. If he takes to coaching and stays healthy, he could be Kearse like. And BTW, Kearse was playing DE. If he had been an OLB in this system, he'd have been even better. Landry has that upside. Let's hope he realizes it. 

OLB now are not the same as OLBs of 1999.

4 hours ago, Jonboy said:

I'll get called a homer for saying this again, but if Landry had come out with Garrett in the 2017 draft I think there would have been real debate with the Browns about who to take. What we saw above is what everyone saw in 2016 from him. I'm not saying that Landry would have been picked before/instead of Garrett. I'm just saying there would have been legit debate about it. It was only one year, but Landry had a better year in 2016 than Garrett did and you see one-year wonders get drafted high all the time.

The injuries Landry got into last year are potentially a huge blessing in disguise for Landry and for us. If Landry had put up a similar season in 2017 that he did in 2016 he wouldn't be here right now. I know there's a lot of football to be played before we can say what he really is, but the above is very encouraging.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

49 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

The injuries Landry got into last year are potentially a huge blessing in disguise for Landry and for us.

How is losing millions on your first paycheck and having one less year of professional coaching a blessing in disguise? If he turns out to be an elite pass-rusher, then he is obviously talented enough to overcome a shitty team.

Yes, our secondary is obviously better than the Colts but if you were to stick Von Miller on their squad he'd still be considered an elite player worth paying a huge second contract.

PS - I'm not ripping on the guy by any means, but the winner for his injury and down year is us, not him.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

1 hour ago, wiscotitansfan said:

How is losing millions on your first paycheck and having one less year of professional coaching a blessing in disguise? If he turns out to be an elite pass-rusher, then he is obviously talented enough to overcome a shitty team.

Yes, our secondary is obviously better than the Colts but if you were to stick Von Miller on their squad he'd still be considered an elite player worth paying a huge second contract.

PS - I'm not ripping on the guy by any means, but the winner for his injury and down year is us, not him.

I get it that he's not making as much money. But it depends on whether or not you think money buys you total happiness. I mean, he's got nearly 500k guaranteed this year with another 700k from his signing bonus. It's not "millions", but that's more money than he's ever seen. And if he does turn out to be an elite-pass rusher, then was one-more year of professional coaching really going to make much of a difference?

I'm not saying it's a good thing for him to have been injured. But you're focusing on the word "blessing" and missing "in disguise". In the end it MAY wind up being a better situation that he was put into. I'm not saying it IS a better situation (for him) now. At least not financially.