prometheus

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Super?  Nah. 

Titans release TE Phillip Supernaw, place LB Nate Palmer on IR, sign TE Jerome Cunningham and LB Brandon Chubb.   pro

I suspect this new scheme requires 2 quicker pass catching TE's, so perhaps Firkser is insurance for Walker and Smith..this makes more sense than keeping 2 blocking TE's.. Stocker and Kelly/Pamphile c

Posted Images

I suspect this new scheme requires 2 quicker pass catching TE's, so perhaps Firkser is insurance for Walker and Smith..this makes more sense than keeping 2 blocking TE's.. Stocker and Kelly/Pamphile can be the blocking TE's if needed..plus with the rule changes, Supernaw may not have a role on the ST's

4 hours ago, Starkiller said:

No one said anything about only keeping just 3 TEs. They just got rid of Supernaw.

@AussieTitanFan08 said it in this thread. 

i think the guys at MCM and reddit both had 3 on their early 53's

and i'm pretty sure the Rams only carried 3 last season. 

6 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Philip said to go to rehab, but he said naw naw naw.

He didn't just say a regular 'ol naw he added major emphasis on it and said not naw,not hell naw but supernaw how bout that?

54 minutes ago, titanruss said:

@AussieTitanFan08 said it in this thread. 

i think the guys at MCM and reddit both had 3 on their early 53's

and i'm pretty sure the Rams only carried 3 last season. 

Mike Keith and Jim Wyatt both think we keep 3 TE's and then have Anthony Firkser on the practice squad.

1 hour ago, Nash said:

Actually , it may make more sense to put Falk on the ps... guess we'll see what his arm strength and accuracy are like tomorrow

Of course. Practice squad was always the plan for him. Although he may be so bad that they don’t even use a spot for him (although I believe they will.)

3 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Mike Keith and Jim Wyatt both think we keep 3 TE's and then have Anthony Firkser on the practice squad.

Certainly possible. I personally think that Luke Falk has been so bad that they can easily cut him and stash him on the PS and I also think S'ua-filo may very well be cut - he's been invisible. 

So were those 3 things to happen, do you keep an extra WR to make it 7 WRs? Do you keep Tyler Marz on the 53?

Have several more defenders and have an unbalanced roster? Maybe keep Gafford in addition to Kalan Reed or keep an extra safety that plays corner as well, like Hurst. Maybe you keep both Carraway and President/Finch? or keep an additional ILB like Chubb?

I guess they could go with a 4th RB in Akrum or Dawkins as well. 

I personally think it's more likely that they keep Firkser as 4th TE/HBack than any of those scenarios. And then maybe they end up keeping Falk or S'ua-filo on the team afterall. 

Edited by tgo

I think Firkser has a really decent chance of making the roster because he has shined all camp. If he does well in games it will force their hand. 

As someone mentioned he can play 3 different positions (Inline TE, H-back/Move TE, and Fullback). Supposedly Stocker has had a lot of issues catching passes in camp. I don’t think he will lose his job but I think they may opt for a 4th TE w/versatility over a 9th OL or 7th WR. They definitely won’t be keeping more than 3 RBs this year.