tgo

LaFleur Interview

scine09   
2 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

They're going to run a very different offense, using some of the same concepts in a smarter, more wholistic way with intelligent play design and infinitely better pacing and flow. But continue on about how similar they are.

It's incredible how people don't see this.  There's like a 180 degree difference between the plan that Mularkey had and what LaFleur is going to do.

OILERMAN   
1 minute ago, TitanicoNFLriotFAN said:

Finally you typed LaFleur's last name RIGHT!

Don't get used to it

Number9   

I will officially make a bet on the offense.

I bet any acceptable member the LeFleur offense doesn't look like last year's offense and this year's offense will score more points.

2 minutes ago, Number9 said:

I bet any acceptable member the LeFleur offense doesn't look like last year's offense and this year's offense will score more points.

LaFleur's offense with the Rams was spreaded, players got used to achieve. I think is safe that he will get the same from TN players and offensive scheme.

OILERMAN   
Just now, Number9 said:

I'd hope so, Davis, Smith and Taylor are in year two and they signed Dion Lewis and Mariota didn't miss the whole off season with a broken leg. 

Had Mularkey been kept the offense would score more points with these same upgrades. 

OILERMAN   

Cian Fahey ... Mularkey wants his quarterback under center to facilitate the ... The problem with playing Mariota under center isn't that he can't do it

Uh Oh, someone better tell LaFleur

Huston   

The fact that they will run play action at least 20 to 25 percent more often with the the best play-action QB in the league is enough for me.

Edited by Huston

titansfb   
47 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Cian Fahey ... Mularkey wants his quarterback under center to facilitate the ... The problem with playing Mariota under center isn't that he can't do it

Uh Oh, someone better tell LaFleur

Mularkey’s bitch boy!  You’re still not over him, damn.  

Mythos27   

This whole similar=same shit is stupid. Humans share a 96% genetic similarity with Chimpanzees; does that make them just about the same thing?  There are tons of different bunch formations with a near infinite number of different route combinations and within those route combinations the timing and spacing of each route  and who runs it may vary wildly from system to system.  Mariota's read progression and the reads themselves will surely be different than they were last year. To act as though a few broad similarities tell enough of the tale that you can gloat about it before you even see the new scheme is ego-driven and dumb. We have no idea how similar or dissimilar the two offenses will be but it's a far better bet that they'll be more different than they are alike. Some of y'all really think Lafleur was brought in to be Mularkey Jr.? What happens when Lafleur's bunch formations are different in design and execution than Mularkey's/Robiskie's? Does that still prove you were right all along?

TitanTez   

This OC has never called a play in the NFL,  you guys are grossly underestimating that and throwing the learning curve down the toilet. 

Reality is going to set in during the regular season. 

We watched what happened when Fisher promoted the qb coach and it was a nightmare in the beginning.